Need material for terminal board

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Putting in new terminals for my souped-up Minimus 7's. The stock terminal plastic board is approx 1.5" x 3". What kind of material shall I look for at the hardware store or Home Depot? Something I can drill and cut with a good scissors or tin snips. I will also find some gasket material or goop. I have 5 or 6 sets around the house. Upgrading all of them. I cannot even believe I didn't do this sooner, like when I upgraded the crossovers, etc. I am thinking it will be a massive improvement. Got these: https://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-spring-loaded-binding-post-speaker-terminal-pair--091-1152

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had a speaker's terminal plastic cup/thing crack apart a while back and found the same cup/thing size on parts-express so I didn't even have to try and work something out. Try looking thru these? https://www.parts-express.com/cat/terminal-plates-cups/321. Not sure what the Minimus 7 is made from, but you wouldn't necessarily be limited to plastic if you DIY.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I will look at the link. What I have in mind is a fiber board or something I can work with with limited tools, but rigid. Maybe a craft shop would have something. I will need 10 pieces eventually!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I will look at the link. What I have in mind is a fiber board or something I can work with with limited tools, but rigid. Maybe a craft shop would have something. I will need 10 pieces eventually!
10 pieces? Got a pic of where you need to place the terminals? Yes, some fiber board/plywood could work well enough, too and require minimal tools. The link was more if that cabinet used a standard terminal that PE could provide to slip in easily; what happened to the original terminals?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Damn too bad that wasn't some sort of stock option, but I might look beyond parts-express.com, too. Looks like you could imagineer your way thru that, tho.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So back to the ten count....you modified ten of these for ?

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Shouldn't be too hard to find something. I was hoping there something standard audiophiles used for this type of thing. I mounted some M & K tweeters using a fiber board, but I do not recall where I got the stuff!

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Personally on my diy builds I just use a Neutrik Speakon connector, good stuff. Good luck on your search for the appropriately useable convenient material! :)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I have two HT. I have them as Front presence and rear surrounds. One rear surround set is a Minimus 77 set though that has banana jacks I put on like 12 years ago when I upgraded them. So that makes 6 that need to be done toot sweet. I have 2 other sets of Minimus 7's I could also upgrade. So it is really 6 I need to do first.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Look for 1/8" thick hardboard or Masonite. Home Depot or Lowe's sell this in different sized sheets. It's easy to cut with any saw, but I doubt if you can use scissors or tin snips.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Got some plexiglass, a plastic cutting tool and some gasket material. Got one panel done. Looks good. I'll have one or two pairs done today.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis