Need Help with pioneer SC-61 Receiver. Please

W

warpig23

Audiophyte
My Friend gave me a pioneer SC-61 amp/receiver an few weeks ago. He told me that the sound was not working right and It keeps cutting in & out. Drove him crazy and he just got a new system .So I took it home and opened it up and it was filthy,full of dust and whatnot.So I cleaned it up (blew it all out) and everything looked good inside.I am not an electronic expert I just know a few some basic things to look for, and I did not see any burn marks,blown capacitors,bad solider joints. Actually it looks pretty clean,almost like new. So I figured all the dirt caked in there was the problem. I hooked it up and it work fine for a couple weeks and then the sound started cutting in and out sometimes. But now it does it all the time (Really Sucks). Most of the info I find on the web talks about hdmi board being bad or hdmi cables. But I only have my TV connected to the receiver and it is connected with RCA cable to the TV audio inputs.I have no other components connected. I do have my PS4 connected also but it is connected to the TV not through the Sc-61. I figured maybe someone might have had this issue before and could tell me how to fix this problem. I would appreciate any info/help that anyone might be able to share with me about this issue.Thanks For Your Time. Warpig23

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Without someone qualified going through it, only thing I could suggest is performing a full reset if you haven't already.

W

warpig23

Audiophyte
I already tried that and did not help. I also tried to update firmware via USB I downloaded the file unzipped it and put it on the USB drive but when I tried to load it into stereo it kept telling me no file. Not sure what I can do anymore. I know this is a expensive receiver ( I believe it costs over $1000) and if I purchase a new one I do not want to spend that amount on a receiver. Would like to fix this if possible. Anyways I really appreciate your help very much. Thank You ..

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
My Friend gave me a pioneer SC-61 amp/receiver an few weeks ago. He told me that the sound was not working right and It keeps cutting in & out. Drove him crazy and he just got a new system .So I took it home and opened it up and it was filthy,full of dust and whatnot.So I cleaned it up (blew it all out) and everything looked good inside.I am not an electronic expert I just know a few some basic things to look for, and I did not see any burn marks,blown capacitors,bad solider joints. Actually it looks pretty clean,almost like new. So I figured all the dirt caked in there was the problem. I hooked it up and it work fine for a couple weeks and then the sound started cutting in and out sometimes. But now it does it all the time (Really Sucks). Most of the info I find on the web talks about hdmi board being bad or hdmi cables. But I only have my TV connected to the receiver and it is connected with RCA cable to the TV audio inputs.I have no other components connected. I do have my PS4 connected also but it is connected to the TV not through the Sc-61. I figured maybe someone might have had this issue before and could tell me how to fix this problem. I would appreciate any info/help that anyone might be able to share with me about this issue.Thanks For Your Time. Warpig23
I am not all sure how you have it hooked up. You say you have it hooked up to the TV RCA audio inputs which makes no sense. The hook up should be peripherals to receiver, receiver to TV via HDMI, and receiver to speakers via speaker cables.

If it is hooked up like that, you need to tell us if the radio works properly, if the analog inputs work properly and if the HDMI inputs work properly. You have to hope it is something simple. That is one of those Pioneer class D ICE amp receivers. You, and no one else, is going to fix that. They were not known for longevity. From what I have heard so far, it sounds like the end of the road for that receiver if your connections are correct. However you description of your connections make no sense to me.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good point, I assumed he meant he has rca output from his tv plugged into an input on the avr labeled "tv" but looking at the manual there is no "tv" input..... but clarification on this and any other connections tested would be nice....also audio settings made in the tv.

W

warpig23

Audiophyte
I apologize I did not explain myself correctly. First off I did try the radio/tuner and the sound also cuts in & out. I am using a RCA cable connection, one end is connected to the TV audio out going to the DVD in connection on my Sc-61, then I just switch the Sc-61 to DVD and that is how I get my sound. The person I got the SC-61 from had it connected the correct way using HDMI cables and he had many different electronics (TV,Xbox,Alexa Voice,Etc) running through the SC-61. So I thought it would make it more simple just to run one cable to see if I could get it to work. I appreciate the input you have shared with me. Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had a Pioneer avr a while back that at first failed on hdmi stuff, just after warranty expired, but left other inputs functional for a while but eventually everything went (literally in a puff of smoke one day). There's also a known issue with some Pioneers....think it's called error UE-22, search for it, don't know if these are symptoms....

W

warpig23

Audiophyte
Still Never figured out this problem. Looks like I might have to just throw it in the trash. I hate to do that but truck I have NO more ideas.. Such A waste..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis