Need help with outdoor speaker selection

BayAreaRider

BayAreaRider

Junior Audioholic
A family members birthday is this coming Thursday and a few of us have decided to chip in to buy him outdoor speakers. He recently redid his backyard and needs some tunes. He has been using a sound bar with Bluetooth, so someone suggested we get him Bose speakers. Hah! So, I turn to you fellow audio files to help me decide a good fit for his area.

The house is elevated about 7ft from the rest of the area. He has a deck about 9 feet deep before you get to the stairs which lead down to a patio and pool. Pool is about 30 feet long and patio extends another 10. Seating is closer to the stairs however, and on the deck.

I’ve read about the mariner 56 or the NHT 02-ARC. $500 is our limit to spend on a pair. He will never have a sub outdoors either.

Thank you for your input!

tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Are you looking for just a pair of speakers? $500 can get you a nice pair from Paradigm or Sonance. When you’re talking outdoor speakers, you’re really looking for party tunes or just something to chill by the pool with. The ambient sound and just outdoor physics make critical listening not real practical, so I don’t see the point in overspending on outdoor stuff. I don’t get the idea of an outdoor sub whatsoever

BayAreaRider

BayAreaRider

Junior Audioholic
Right on. That’s kind of what I was thinking, so thanks for the reassurance.
I will check out paradigm.

BayAreaRider

BayAreaRider

Junior Audioholic
Looking at paradigm 470 - it appears they can’t handle more that 40 watts per channel, that can’t be right is it? I’m leaning toward the Sonnax mariner 56.

BayAreaRider

BayAreaRider

Junior Audioholic
Thanks I actually ended up ordering the paradigm stylus 470s in white. They had a 20 percent off sale going on and my local dealer honered it in store. So I got to support my local business and I also managed to get a nice pair of speakers that were normally out of budget.
Thank you all for the help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis