Need help with cd player not taking home burned cd's

J

Jcook01132

Audiophyte
I have an eiki 7070 which is a cd/cassette player from the early 2000's that doesn't take any cd's that I have burned but takes commercial cd's perfectly well. I burned a few songs on my cd-rw disk using itunes on my mac and I also tried turning the songs into wav files then burning them at a slower speed but nothing is really working. Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Probably just doesn't support CD-R or CD-RW. Page 7 of the manual says it will only play CDs with the commercial compact disc digital audio mark...

J

Jcook01132

Audiophyte
Probably just doesn't support CD-R or CD-RW. Page 7 of the manual says it will only play CDs with the commercial compact disc digital audio mark...
My cd does have that mark but yes maybe it just doesn't read cd-rw's

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My cd does have that mark but yes maybe it just doesn't read cd-rw's
Its been a while since I got some blank CDs but I did have a CD-RW handy and it also has that mark, ....thought that was only on pre-recorded ones for some reason....fwiw I had a player a long time ago that didn't support either CD-R or RW....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
At the age of your player it may well not take home burned CD-R discs. The other issue is that the burning programs do not as a rule burn to Red Book standard. I know that I have professionally burned CDs for people that will play, but there own efforts will not in their player. Home burned CDs are very much a hit or miss proposition.

See if your home burned discs play in an up to date player.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Loveinthehd nailed it perfectly. Unfortunately your CD player does support the CD-R or CD-RW format

J

jsrtheta

Enthusiast
It might only take the "CD-Music" format. Many CD recording decks of that time used that format only.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I have an eiki 7070 which is a cd/cassette player from the early 2000's that doesn't take any cd's that I have burned but takes commercial cd's perfectly well. I burned a few songs on my cd-rw disk using itunes on my mac and I also tried turning the songs into wav files then burning them at a slower speed but nothing is really working. Thanks
What brand of CDs are you using to burn to?

As a rule, I only use a few brands, and I have found that Maxell is the best, I will also use TDK or maybe a few select other brands.

Avoid Memorex at all costs! The absolute worst that I have experienced.

Exact same player, exact same CD copy, would not play Memorex at all, but worked great with Maxell.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis