Need help with ARC and the Yamaha RX-A3060

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm experimenting with ARC from my Samsung Display to the RX-A3060. I'm running a netflix app from the display with one arc compatible cable connected to the dsplay and AVR. The display recognizes the HDMI arc from the AVR and offers me the choice to send sound out to the AVR. On the AVR side, the cable which was advertised to be 4K and be arc compatabile , is connected to HDMI1 out which is also ARC compatible. ARC is enabled on the AVR as is sync but yet, I get no output..

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I'm experimenting with ARC from my Samsung Display to the RX-A3060. I'm running a netflix app from the display with one arc compatible cable connected to the dsplay and AVR. The display recognizes the HDMI arc from the AVR and offers me the choice to send sound out to the AVR. On the AVR side, the cable which was advertised to be 4K and be arc compatabile , is connected to HDMI1 out which is also ARC compatible. ARC is enabled on the AVR as is sync but yet, I get no output..
I just signed up for Netflix three days ago, last night out of no where I lost audio. Now the first thing I thought was, man my hdmi is acting up. Well I switched off Smartcast and put it back on and all was good. Point is Netflix was the culprit, it did it again but the 2nd time was no video. I launched the app again and it cleared up

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Thx for the tip.. will try Amazon Prime.. I dont have that issue when using opitcal out with Netflix

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
No luck with Amazon Prime either. I ran an optical cable out and I was able to get sound through either app. There are two possiblities:
1) I'm still missing something on the AVR setup
2) ARC is not compatible between the two devices.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What are your HDMI-CEC (control) settings in each unit?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
What are your HDMI-CEC (control) settings in each unit?
AVR
1) ARC is set to on
2) HDMI control is on
3) Standby Sync is off
4) HDMI OUT1 set to on which enbales adio output from the TV

DISPLAY
Will look at the settings again for more control but audio is enabled through the ARC HDMI port
Just looked at the display and on the Sammy TV, its called AnyNet HDMI-CEC (control) and their is no settings to control. Its either on or off.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It could also be the HDMI Cable. Just because it says it is "Compatible" or even "Certified" does not guarantee it.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Check your quick settings on the TV by pressing the Home button on the Sammy remote control and move to the left to highlight settings. Your quick settings should pop up and the third box from the left should show your sound output. Highlight the box and press the select button to toggle between sound output settings. There should be three of them starting with "TV Speaker", "Receiver(HDMI)" and "Audio Output/Optical". Make sure it is set to "Receiver(HDMI)" for ARC to work. Not sure which model Sammy you are using but directions should not be too far off.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did the Any-net setting on or off make a difference?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Check your quick settings on the TV by pressing the Home button on the Sammy remote control and move to the left to highlight settings. Your quick settings should pop up and the third box from the left should show your sound output. Highlight the box and press the select button to toggle between sound output settings. There should be three of them starting with "TV Speaker", "Receiver(HDMI)" and "Audio Output/Optical". Make sure it is set to "Receiver(HDMI)" for ARC to work. Not sure which model Sammy you are using but directions should not be too far off.
It is :)

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Sometimes a power shut off and unplugging of TV and receiver fixes HDMI control issues. I have had to do it more than once in the past. If you want to investigate more, play something on Netflix and then go into your main settings screen and select sound. From there, go down to Expert Settings and see the input and output codec settings.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No.. Thats what Samsung is calling it
Yeah, I have a Samsung myself. LOL and I went to see what it takes to get ARC as I forgot....haven't tried in like 7 years. It hadn't been connected to the net for a long time so was busy for a while updating so I can use the "Smart Hub". So far I can't get the audio to work....be back.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I have Samsung TV and Yamaha 2060 but I don’t rely on arc. I have it on but don’t use it. The CEC should be on so the TV and AVR can power on and off at the same time and so volume control is for the AVR volume if you ever use the TV remote.

I use a firestick 4K streamer that is plugged into the Yamaha. That supports most apps out there. I paid $35 plus another $15 or so for the Ethernet adaptor. (I also own Apple TV 4K but mostly use firestick)

I have identical setup in 2 other rooms with different TVs and smaller Yamahas from 2016 and 2017.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep I needed to turn on Samsung's AnyNet to get audio to the avr via ARC....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis