Need help with a DIY sub

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Thats the trouble. You usually blow a driver with too little power, not too much. Just don't crank it dude...
ah yes... i forgot that everything involving speakers is the opposite of what i think

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Thats the trouble. You usually blow a driver with too little power, not too much.
...That's a myth... You usually blow a driver with too much power + irresponsible usage.

Clipping reduces SQ though.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
...That's a myth... You usually blow a driver with too much power + irresponsible usage.

Clipping reduces SQ though.
I was about to say that too. Too much power at a given frequency will blow a sub.

jinjuku

jinjuku

Yep. I have a toasted sub right now.... Low power clipping will affect SQ not destroy the driver.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Pyle Pro PT1100 1000 Watt Power Amplifier | eBay

THIS!
cheaper than the bash amp and more power (not that its needed)
will this work?

or.... i have a scosche sa300 car amp... i bet it would work but it would need a power supply that would produce as much power as a car battery

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

Pyle Pro PT1100 1000 Watt Power Amplifier | eBay

THIS!
cheaper than the bash amp and more power (not that its needed)
will this work?

or.... i have a scosche sa300 car amp... i bet it would work but it would need a power supply that would produce as much power as a car battery
No, no, no, no.

The BASH is rated 300 watt RMS (Root Mean Square) Google it.

The Pyle of shite is 360 PEAK which means most likely 120 watt RMS. Oh don't buy that amp. Plus it doesn't have a rumble (aka High Pass, AKA protection filter) it doesn't have phase adjustment, it doesn't have a cross over... Just not the right piece of equipment for your intended purpose. Plus the BASH will have roughly 4.5 dB more output.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
No, no, no, no.

The BASH is rated 300 watt RMS (Root Mean Square) Google it.

The Pyle of shite is 360 PEAK which means most likely 120 watt RMS. Oh don't buy that amp. Plus it doesn't have a rumble (aka High Pass, AKA protection filter) it doesn't have phase adjustment, it doesn't have a cross over... Just not the right piece of equipment for your intended purpose. Plus the BASH will have roughly 4.5 dB more output.
What about the scosche I have?

jinjuku

jinjuku

What about the scosche I have?
Well, you could get the Tripplite DC regulated supply. The 30 Amp model at 12volts, not taking into account conversion and thermal loss, MAY get you 300 Watts (but not likely). It's $200.

You have received the best advice that can be given here. The BASH meets all your needs and is $114 plus shipping and customs/duties.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis