Need Help Selecting a Good Bluetooth Speaker!

M

MarkAudio

Audiophyte
Hi,

I recently received a Beats Pill 2.0 as a gift with accessories, but I know Beats' reputation with sound quality so I want to return it and get a better portable Bluetooth speaker for around the same price. I have a list of what I want: Portable, aesthetically pleasing, good sound quality (the better is better), external mic, charge by usb, and great sound indoors and outdoors. The Beats Pill's sound is so-so and its bass is a bit poppy or tappy, but I like the look of it. I have my eyes on the Jawbone Jambox Mini, Bose Soundlink Mini, or the UE Boom. I want to be able to listen to the speaker outside while washing the car or skateboarding, yet still be able to listen indoors for just chilling and to be immersed into whatever i'm listening to. Please help me out to find the best Bluetooth speaker and why. If you have opinions on some speakers or recommendations, please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Mark

*EDIT: I also listen to a variety of music such as Avicii, Phillip Phillips, Bruno Mars, etc. My music preference is just a mess. If you could recommend a versatile speaker as well that'd be great. I forgot to put that it has to be portable!

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
If by "around the same price" you mean "costs twice as much", then check out the Aperion Audio Allaire speakers. The performance increase will be well over 2x. Extremely worthwhile upgrade.

M

MarkAudio

Audiophyte
I want a portable speaker that is around $200 that I can bring around and toss in my backpack if I am going somewhere. That was a very neat speaker you recommended though.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Last edited:
M

markosti

Enthusiast
Hi,

I recently received a Beats Pill 2.0 as a gift with accessories, but I know Beats' reputation with sound quality so I want to return it and get a better portable Bluetooth speaker for around the same price. I have a list of what I want: Portable, aesthetically pleasing, good sound quality (the better is better), external mic, charge by usb, and great sound indoors and outdoors. The Beats Pill's sound is so-so and its bass is a bit poppy or tappy, but I like the look of it. I have my eyes on the Jawbone Jambox Mini, Bose Soundlink Mini, or the UE Boom. I want to be able to listen to the speaker outside while washing the car or skateboarding, yet still be able to listen indoors for just chilling and to be immersed into whatever i'm listening to. Please help me out to find the best Bluetooth speaker and why. If you have opinions on some speakers or recommendations, please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
Mark

*EDIT: I also listen to a variety of music such as Avicii, Phillip Phillips, Bruno Mars, etc. My music preference is just a mess. If you could recommend a versatile speaker as well that'd be great. I forgot to put that it has to be portable!
I'm also looking for good a Bluetooth speaker, mostly to use around the house, but also to bring on vacations sometimes. Did you get any of these and what did you think in that case? The Bose SoundLink Mini seem like one of the best Bluetooth speakers around according to most sources. My main concern is if it's worth the price, compared to the SHARKK Bluetooth BoomBox for example.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis