need help on getting a turntable

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I've never done the e-bay thing before and am considering set one of the better technic's turntables, or a rega . The other option is buying a new NAD 533. Anyone have luck with EBAY purchasing turntables?

D

dannv

Junior Audioholic
sounds like a bad idea to me turntables are to fragile to ship imo.

T

tbewick

Senior Audioholic
My dad bought a Thorens turntable off ebay and hasn't had any trouble with it.

I'd go along with dannv and suggest collection rather than shipping.

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Agree with both of the above. To do it correctly, you really need to buy it from someone that has the equipment to set the turntable up. The stylus has to properly set in the tonearm and the tracking set in order not to wipe out your records. I don't know where you live, but most major metropolitan areas should have someone capable of fixing you up.

I was in Atlanta and stopped at a shop just north of town and found a dealer that sells bunches of turntables and can set them up properly. If you live around there, let me know and I'll send you the name of the dealer.

Good luck! I suppose I am a dinosaur, bc I still love vinyl!:D

A

AudioArcher

Audioholic
Tt

If you can't afford the really good turntables, Rega or Music Hall are definitely the way to go. My Rega is simply awesome. And if you are interested I have a B&O Beogram tangential tracker for sale on Ebay. Great TT. They can be shipped safely and without damage. I recieved my Rega thru the mail. No problem.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis