[NEED HELP] Hooking sub to old reciever

N

NsOmNiA

Audiophyte
Okay,

I have an old Onkyo TX-SV919THX receiver that I acquired from my father after he upgraded his setup, and I just purchased the Martin Logan MLT-2 5.1 speakers because they are on sale, and got them for $330.

My concern is that the receiver does not have any connections labelled for a sub... Because this is my first post, I can not attach an image, however if you google "TX-SV919THX", under images, you can see the back of the receiver.

I am a college student, and am not made of money, so purchasing a new receiver is a bit out of the question for me, so my question is How do I hook up the sub to this receiver?

I have read a suggestion on buying an entry-level reciever for $100 but using the Onkyo as the amp for the speakers, however like I said I would prefer not to spend $ if there is another option.

Please let me know on how I might be able to solve this issue.

Thanks!

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
that Onkyo unit has a "Subwoofer Pre out" for a powered sub.

that Martin Logan MLT-2 5.1 has a self powered subwoofer that plugs into power and a RCA cable that connects to the SUB PRE OUT that I pointed to below section #3.

All the other 5 speakers connect to the speaker out for each corresponding speaker in section #4

here is a PDF of the manual too
http://filedepot.onkyousa.com/Files/own_manuals/TXSV919om.pdf?CFID=1653113&CFTOKEN=62404732&jsessionid=f030556649658f69a7373e74291843336922

that should help :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis