Need help figuring my house setup out.

C

Chadt

Audiophyte
Hello, I just purchased a home that is pre-wired with wires going to the areas where TVs are hung as well as speakers in the ceiling throughout the house. There is a closet with a lot of wires and I have no idea where to start on getting this thing setup... please help!

Attachments

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Samurai
Ratings
774 9 11
I dont see many speaker wires, looks like all cat5/6 for the rooms. Is there another homerun? How many rooms and how many speakers in each.

T

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Ratings
The wires you are showing are all Ethernet (CAT5) cables for networking. Looks like they had a router next to the cable modem and hard-wired most of their connections. That’s nice to have but doesn’t do anything for your speakers. There must be another place where the speaker wires are run, maybe a closet or basement?

T

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
Ratings
Wait, have you looked behind that white access panel? I think it says On-Q on the label, which is a home automation company that also sells speakers. Connections might be there.

L

Leemix

Audioholic
Ratings
Last picture above/left of wireless it looks like the copper strands of speaker cables. Reddish and black jackets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Samurai
Ratings
774 9 11
Last picture above/left of wireless it looks like the copper strands of speaker cables. Reddish and black jackets

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yup but dosent look like a lot. Regardless if they are not labeled, they need to be toned out.

Looks like a network switch is in order for sure.

2channel lover

Audioholic General
Ratings
As far as where those speaker wires are...looks like you're going to have some drywall patch up work ahead of you to find where those speaker wires were dropped..

Normally a contractor would run those to a home run location such as that closet.

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis