Need help cleaning an Onkyo TX NR5010 Receiver Terminal

A

aragorn7773

Audiophyte
Hi,
I am hearing a lot of static through my right speaker on my onkyo and I believe it's because of oxidation. I've cleaned it with deoxIt and I've used stabilant 22A. However, I am still hearing the static so I'm thinking that the terminal post may need to be replaced but I've not clue how to do that on an Onkyo.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Does the volume level of the static change?

If you swap the left and right speaker does it stay on the same amp channel or does it stay with the same speaker?

A

aragorn7773

Audiophyte
Hi NINaudio,
yes, the static stays on the same right channel when I swap which speaker is attached to that right terminal. It is not the speak from what I can tell. I thought it was at first... easy and less expensive fix.... buuuuut...

A

aragorn7773

Audiophyte
The volumen level does change at first, but after about 30 minutes of the receiver being on, ALL of the static goes away. So now, I leve that right channel speaker unplugged for 30 minutes until the receiver is warm. Then I plug that right speaker back into the right speaker terminal and the sound is just fine.

Thx for asking, I forgot about that aspect

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I doubt changing the speaker terminal would fix this. Sounds like an electronics issue....which I couldn't begin to tell you what would cause that. If it were old analog gear cleaning it might do it, but it isn't....

A

aragorn7773

Audiophyte
thx. I was hoping for something much much more simple. preciate your response

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis