Need help choosing best 4K UHD Player

P

P41NE

Junior Audioholic
I'm stuck between these choices. I'm looking at them for the features and such. I will eventually be getting a 7.1 speaker setup. The TV I currently have Is a LG CX 55". Trying to take advantage of Dolby vision. Would my TV have better upscaling than the units upscaling as well? Price is not an object with this. Please help me out and choose the better one for my needs. I'm big on audio and video quality. Going to be getting a SVS ultra 7.1 setup, will I be needing a receiver to go with it ? I will probably eventually use it for music as well unless I need a receiver for that to. Trying to get the VERY best 4K UHD Player and then a Receiver if I need one. Price range ehh, 1000-3000. Must have Dolby vision obviously through HDMI. Thanks.

-Oppo 203/205
-Pioneer udplx500/800
-Panasonic DP-UB9000

C

Chocolatey MidsFan

Enthusiast
The $ 200 Sony UBP-X700 player is a fantastic deal and will do ev you need. @TLS Guy has the top of the line (expensive) Panisonic player and the Sony unit and I believe he likes the Sony unit just as much. I have the Sony as well and it's a little slow but the picture and sound is beautiful.
Yes you will need a receiver (AVR). You will get lots of recommendations for a specific one but I'll recommend the Dennon AVR-X3600 or 3500 or 3700 depending on availability. Any of those 3 AVR's are absolutely great and are going to work well with the SVS system you have planned. Also since you didn't mention a subwoofer SVS subwoofers are excellent. I believe HSU offers more bang for your buck though.
So a little less than$ 1500 you could have a very capable system.

P

P41NE

Junior Audioholic
I definitely appreciate the reply! I'll take a look.
The $ 200 Sony UBP-X700 player is a fantastic deal and will do ev you need. @TLS Guy has the top of the line (expensive) Panisonic player and the Sony unit and I believe he likes the Sony unit just as much. I have the Sony as well and it's a little slow but the picture and sound is beautiful.
Yes you will need a receiver (AVR). You will get lots of recommendations for a specific one but I'll recommend the Dennon AVR-X3600 or 3500 or 3700 depending on availability. Any of those 3 AVR's are absolutely great and are going to work well with the SVS system you have planned. Also since you didn't mention a subwoofer SVS subwoofers are excellent. I believe HSU offers more bang for your buck though.

P

P41NE

Junior Audioholic
Look on eBay for the 700 they sell refurb for $100-150.
Anybody know out of the 3 which would be better for Dolby vision , would he running through HDMI. Trying to get the best I can.

P

P41NE

Junior Audioholic
Couple things that are ehh Bout it but it seems decent. Seems like the ub9000 or the lx500 would be better in some areas. Maybe the opportunity 203.
Look on eBay for the 700 they sell refurb for $100-150.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Anybody know out of the 3 which would be better for Dolby vision , would he running through HDMI. Trying to get the best I can.
The Sony's force Dolby Vision. That was one of the reasons why I purchased the Pioneer LX500 because of the forced Dolby Vision.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It does Dolby vision and HDR. That’s the model I’m getting sometime this year.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
The Sony 4K players are very well built and represent a bargain. For the cost of a OPPO UDP-203/205 nowadays, you can get 2 or 3 Sony players that perform just as well.

I have a OPPO UDP-203 and the Sony X800 players. The Sony plays 4Ks and Blu-ray discs just as well. You may look at the new Sony X800m2 and you might prefer some of its features. Much recommended.

Last edited:
P

P41NE

Junior Audioholic
The Sony's force Dolby Vision. That was one of the reasons why I purchased the Pioneer LX500 because of the forced Dolby Vision.
Do you have any problem with stuttering during playback with 100gb triple layer 4k movies?

P

P41NE

Junior Audioholic
Really interested in the pioneer have heard allot of good things other than the stuttering.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Do you have any problem with stuttering during playback with 100gb triple layer 4k movies?
Which movies fit that description? I don't have that many 4K disc. I went a looked it up some of the disc. It appears I have Aquaman, Godzilla King of Monster, Glory, IT and Kin. All plays with so issues, silky smooth.

Last edited:
P

P41NE

Junior Audioholic
Which movies fit that description? I don't have that many 4K disc. I went a looked it up some of the disc. It appears I have Aquaman, Godzilla King of Monster, Glory, IT and Kin. All plays with so issues, silky smooth.
Also, if I were to let's say buy a high-end AVR receiver, and run it to the pioneer lx 500. Would it have any problem running a 7.1 Dolby Atmos setup ? Would I use the 2nd HDMI for audio only to connect it to the receiver ?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Also, if I were to let's say buy a high-end AVR receiver, and run it to the pioneer lx 500. Would it have any problem running a 7.1 Dolby Atmos setup ? Would I use the 2nd HDMI for audio only to connect it to the receiver ?
Why would you run a 7.1 Atmos system? Anyway, you shouldn't have any problem connecting the LX500 to your AVR for Atmos. I don't know why it would be necessary to run the 2nd HDMI for audio only.

P

P41NE

Junior Audioholic
I gu
Why would you run a 7.1 Atmos system? Anyway, you shouldn't have any problem connecting the LX500 to your AVR for Atmos. I don't know why it would be necessary to run the 2nd HDMI for audio only.
Sorry confused myself with all the Info I'm reading. Guess there would be no need to run a second HDMI when I could run it with one through the receiver since it will passthrough all of that I would need. And isn't Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 ? What do you mean about why would I run that? Just curious learning a little bit as a go along. I am set on getting the lx 500 with a SC lx 704 pioneer receiver.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I gu

Sorry confused myself with all the Info I'm reading. Guess there would be no need to run a second HDMI when I could run it with one through the receiver since it will passthrough all of that I would need. And isn't Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 ? What do you mean about why would I run that? Just curious learning a little bit as a go along. I am set on getting the lx 500 with a SC lx 704 pioneer receiver.
Yes Atmos is 5.2 or 7.2 (with 2 being height channels), you kind of threw me off with the 7.1.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis