Need Help Before I spend on This HT.

H

Harish74

Audiophyte
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to start with Entry Level System 2.1 HT. My Purpose is 60% Movies and TV, 30% Music and 10% gaming.
I will be using this system in my Apartment Living Room Size 12’X10’.
For Speakers I am going with Polk Audio Monitor50 Series II from Newegg @ 79.99 each Shipped.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290205
For Sub I am Looking for these two options
BIC America F12 Sub from shopblt.com @ 181.77 Shipped
shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?action=enter&thispage=01100400U0212_BT46359P.shtml& order_id=!ORDERID
Or
Dayton SUB-100 HT Series 10" 125 Watt Powered Subwoofer from Parts-express.com @ 124.99 Shipped

parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=300-633&scqty=1
The Reason I m thiking F12 is that It might be more Bang for the buck than Dayton and It is costing only $56 extra and I think I still can keep it when I am upgrading my system considering I will be moving to a house after 1 year .

I need suggestion on AVR that will work with this speaker setup.
Budget is $250. Might be able to stretch a little depending which Sub I buy.

Thanks Everyone and Merry Xmas.
And I want to Order it today so early response will be helpfull.

H

Harish74

Audiophyte
So Far
Pioneer VSX-820-K 5.1 Home Theater Receiver @ 217 from Amazon

Onkyo TX-SR508 7.1-Channel Home Theater Receiver (Black) @ 248 from Amazon

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Primarily because it met the OP's budget and needs.

fragzem

fragzem

Audioholic Intern
Primarily because it met the OP's budget and needs.
Any insight as to how you arrived at the conclusion that specifically the 820-k meets his needs?

I don't have the same exact speaker setup, but 60% movies, 30% Music and 10% gaming is along the lines of my same needs. My budget is similar also, and I have found numerous receivers that'll power a 2.1HT to fill a 12x10 space in the sub-$250 range. Are you saying you just said 820-K because it was the first one that came to mind out of the couple that'll do the job, or you have better reasons? (please please please forgive any perceived hostility here, its just how I come across)

B

bhuskins

Audioholic Intern
Id say that in the units out there in that price range pioneer has one of the better built units.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis