Need Help Before Buying Sony BDV-N9200W Home Theatre. Can it be connected to PC?

N

nitinvaid20

Audiophyte
Hello everyone
currently i have Logitech G509 speakers been using it from like 7 years these are good but not great when it comes to music as it lacks deep base and clarity.

been waiting from long time then may be there will be new launch for computer speakers but till now nothing so now i have no choice other then to go for HOME THEATRE SYSTEM FROM like SONY or other brands

I only know about sony when it comes to audio and have found out this model BDV-N9200W i am hoping it would fill my audio sound quality which i am expecting

i would like to know that is it possible i can use these while connected to PC? i have SoundBlaster ZXR sound card which has 3.5m audio output jacks. In my pc and both card and onboard (ASUS STRIX Z370F) has optical audio out too

Wil it work? 5.1 audio while watching movies on my PC and playing games? i know the BDV-N9200W comes with its player itself which is bluray which i am hardly going to use ever but can it be used with PC?

please do suggest me i am from India and while i am waiting to get reply here i am searching for other brands home theatre audio system also

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
Hard to get a handle on this because manufacturers of computer gear don’t publish any meaningful information to help someone figure out if it could be connected to traditional home audio equipment.

Basically, if you want 5.1 surround from the Sony audio system, it will require a computer with an HDMI output. It does not accommodate 5.1 through a bunch of 3.5 mm jacks like a lot of computer sound cards have.

Otherwise, your best bet is simply to get some better stereo speakers, perhaps along with a subwoofer. There is no shortage of self-powered speakers (also called active monitors) that can connect to your computer via the 3.5 mm headphone jack.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

N

nitinvaid20

Audiophyte
Hard to get a handle on this because manufacturers of computer gear don’t publish any meaningful information to help someone figure out if it could be connected to traditional home audio equipment.

Basically, if you want 5.1 surround from the Sony audio system, it will require a computer with an HDMI output. It does not accommodate 5.1 through a bunch of 3.5 mm jacks like a lot of computer sound cards have.

Otherwise, your best bet is simply to get some better stereo speakers, perhaps along with a subwoofer. There is no shortage of self-powered speakers (also called active monitors) that can connect to your computer via the 3.5 mm headphone jack.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt
1st of all thanks for replying

I completely agree with you that it wont gonna be connected with 3.5mm jacks if i want 5.1 sound
for that i have both optical out and HDMI out in my PC sound card and i have already 5.1 Logitech Z509 speakers and i watch movies which are in 5.1 so i am sure getting output in 5.1 with HDMI or optical out wont be issue with my SoundBlaster ZXR soundcard in my pc

the thing is i haven't used these types of home theatre system before so i am not sure about there settings and all

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Generally speaking, it is a VERY bad way to spend your money on a fully packaged system.

Instead, it is typically recommended to get a separate A/V receiver, that follows industry standards, then get speakers which you can connect to that receiver which are appropriate for your room and budget.

A/V receivers can have more, or fewer, HDMI inputs depending on the make/model and cost. So, a better Denon, Yamaha, or similar will have more HDMI inputs, and handle higher resolutions, etc. Cheaper A/V receivers will not have as much connectivity. But, as you get into cheaper A/V receivers you lose amplifier power, which can impact the sound quality as well.

So, you typically buy an A/V receiver with enough power for the room and speakers you are using. If you are planning to do 4K, having a receiver which supports 4K resolution should be part of what you are looking at. Most new receivers support 4K resolution as well as Atmos audio and high resolution audio formats over HDMI.

Then speakers are a vast canyon of choices. I'm not the best to give suggestions on what you SHOULD buy, but you will want to do some research here.

This isn't actually as complex as some make it out to be. You have lots of choices, and if you really care about good audio, then you can spend your time doing that research, but if you just want a solid jump, then I would give us a budget, your room size, and where speakers will be placed in the room compared to where people will be sitting for some recommendations.

I like to start at www.accessories4less.com to get an idea of what is out there at different price points.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis