K

Kishore0416

Audioholic Intern
Hi All,

I want to set my denon avr 2400h equalizer settings.

While the popular one is setting smiley face, which eq settings can give me neutral music from speakers..

Which settings are best for movies....please help

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you try Audyssey first? Audyssey reference is often preferred for movies (rolls off the high frequencies some), flat may be preferred for music (aims for a flat response across the frequency spectrum). Many like to use Audyssey's DynamicEQ at lower volumes. You can also customize the eq curves with the Audyssey Editor app (you have to buy that for $20 from an app store).

No one can tell you what will work with your speakers in your room particularly, tho, let alone know what you mean by "neutral" (to me neutral means a flat response so I'd try Audyssey first). When you use the graphic eq you lose the ability to use Audyssey, too, fwiw.

K

Kishore0416

Audioholic Intern
Thanks a lot ...neutral means flat to me as well...i dont think so i have audessey dynamic eq in my denon receiver...i willl check that again....thank you

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks a lot ...neutral means flat to me as well...i dont think so i have audessey dynamic eq in my denon receiver...i willl check that again....thank you
You won't see DynamicEQ until you run Audyssey and have access to the Audyssey menu. It also has an accompanying adjustment called Reference Level Offset
Try this https://audyssey.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212347383-Dynamic-EQ-and-Reference-Level

ps Running Audyssey even if you don't like the resulting eq is a decent way to set levels and delays (delay=distance).

K

Kishore0416

Audioholic Intern
Really loving dynamic EQ...thanks a ton for your suggestion.....you are the best brother....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis