need basic help with a processor

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Just this morning as a matter o'fact (revisiting The Hobbit). Have 3d plasmas in both living room and bedroom and a coupla movies....
Oh no poop? I don't think I even know anyone with a 3d capable tv, lol.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
:p
Just this morning as a matter o'fact (revisiting The Hobbit). Have 3d plasmas in both living room and bedroom and a coupla movies....
Awesome!

I just watched all 3 hobbits followed by LOTR’s Trilogy in October. Nothing beats have an entire series available to watch one movie after the other! Binge watching at its best:p

Even on DVD!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
:p
Awesome!

I just watched all 3 hobbits followed by LOTR’s Trilogy in October. Nothing beats have an entire series available to watch one movie after the other! Binge watching at its best:p

Even on DVD!
Yeah I've got extended bluray editions of both, but only the Hobbit in 3D....and do tend to rewatch them this time of year (used to read them again but I'm lazier now).

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
Yeah I've got extended bluray editions of both, but only the Hobbit in 3D....and do tend to rewatch them this time of year (used to read them again but I'm lazier now).
If your using 1080p and a processor or AVR that is DTS Master Audio and DD-True HD then the Blu-Ray makes perfect sense.

I already had the LOTR’s trilogy on DVD and ended up purchasing the Trilogy set on Blu-Ray expecting a better quality sound and video but the DVD’s are so well done I was left wanting inside the first battle so in went the DVD instead and up went my enjoyment.

I learned you have to have the right gear to get the potential improvement most of the time. Tron Legacy was amazing in Blu-Ray for sound and video but the DVD disappoints me.

Nice to have choices for comparison though right!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If your using 1080p and a processor or AVR that is DTS Master Audio and DD-True HD then the Blu-Ray makes perfect sense.

I already had the LOTR’s trilogy on DVD and ended up purchasing the Trilogy set on Blu-Ray expecting a better quality sound and video but the DVD’s are so well done I was left wanting inside the first battle so in went the DVD instead and up went my enjoyment.

I learned you have to have the right gear to get the potential improvement most of the time. Tron Legacy was amazing in Blu-Ray for sound and video but the DVD disappoints me.

Nice to have choices for comparison though right!
Yep haven't gone the next level altho my newest bluray player is 4k capable, but the video/audio at normal bluray level/7ch is just fine and I have more than one setup if/when I upgrade. I'll be glad to let things shake out for a while.

I thought the LOTR blu-ray was an improvement over the dvd myself but didn't spend a lot of time comparing....and do also still have the dvd set LOL. Different player now too, and it is pretty decent with dvd.....might have to check that out. Don't think I've even tried the Tron:Legacy dvd that came with my set; recently I setup a room with some older gear and separated all my dvds from those combo kits....more a summer escape from the heat room so it'll be a while till I go dvd'g.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
I al
Yep haven't gone the next level altho my newest bluray player is 4k capable, but the video/audio at normal bluray level/7ch is just fine and I have more than one setup if/when I upgrade. I'll be glad to let things shake out for a while.

I thought the LOTR blu-ray was an improvement over the dvd myself but didn't spend a lot of time comparing....and do also still have the dvd set LOL. Different player now too, and it is pretty decent with dvd.....might have to check that out. Don't think I've even tried the Tron:Legacy dvd that came with my set; recently I setup a room with some older gear and separated all my dvds from those combo kits....more a summer escape from the heat room so it'll be a while till I go dvd'g.
I also have a Sony 4K UBP X700
It’s my guess that my 720p projector lacks enough Lumens to utilize the 1080p image correctly so it looks too dark for my taste whereas the DVD was brighter! Mind you the DVD played over my old Pioneer Elite 59-AVI player which is a great component in its own right :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis