Need amp for Paradigm Studio 100 - Have Titanic 15" to trade?

D

derekwwww

Audioholic
Does anyone have a high quality amp to run a pair of Paradigm studio 100's that I just bought? I got a titanic 15" powered sub at christmas and have that to trade. It has a 1000W amp and really pounds hard and HEAVY, but since I just bought these studio 100's I can tell they need an amp, my receiver doesnt have the power. I would be willing to trade away my titanic to get an amp to power these speakers.

If anyone has anything or knows where I should post to find something please let me know!

Thanks

jinjuku

jinjuku

I have a Parasound HCA 1000A.

# Continuous Power Output - Stereo:
125 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω, both channels driven;
200 watts RMS x 2, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 4 Ω, both channels driven
# Continuous Power Output - Mono:
400 watts RMS, 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 8 Ω
# Current Capacity:
45 amperes peak per channel
# Slew Rate:
>130 V/µsecond
# Power Bandwith:
5 Hz - 100 kHz, +0/-3 dB at 1 watt
# Total Harmonic Distortion:
< 0.03% at full power; < 0.01 % typical levels
# IM Distortion:
< 0.03 %
# TIM:
unmeasurable
# Dynamic Headroom:
> 1.5 dB
# Interchannel Crosstalk:
> 80 dB at 1 kHz; > 60 dB at 20 kHz
# Input Sensitivity:
1 V for 28.28 V, THX Reference Level; 1.1 V for full output
# Input Impedance: 33 k Ω
# S/N Ratio: > 116 dB, full power; > 96 dB, THX Reference Level
# Damping Factor:
> 800 at 20 Hz
# Power Consumption:
500 watts
# Dimensions:
w 17 1/4" x h 3 1/2" x d 13 1/4", h 4 1/8" with feet
# Net Weight: 22lbs

Customs will be the gotcha unless another Canadian here can play ball.

D

derekwwww

Audioholic
Thinkin I would like a little more power then that..... I would rather have more power than needed than not enough...

jinjuku

jinjuku

Try Craigslist and see if you get lucky. Seen plenty of Adcom out there. The Parasound is all I had free (you did ask :D)

A

Avalon65

Enthusiast
Does anyone have a high quality amp to run a pair of Paradigm studio 100's that I just bought? I got a titanic 15" powered sub at christmas and have that to trade. It has a 1000W amp and really pounds hard and HEAVY, but since I just bought these studio 100's I can tell they need an amp, my receiver doesnt have the power.
Thanks
Derekwwww,

I have the perfect amp for your Paradigms. In staying with the same parent brand, how about an Anthem A2 amp? It has plenty of juice to handle your hungry 100s. Let me know if you're interested. Unfortunately, I'm not looking for a trade as I don't need a sub that large.

Thanx!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
At 75 pounds, it is bigger than most people's dogs.

Of course, buying used, something better might be had for less, but the Emotiva XPA-2 looks like a really good deal.
Let me see...my Rotel has been going strong for 6 years.

My Emotiva lasted almost 1 year.

Yep, I would get a used Rotel...

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Mark Levinson monoblocks are 20h x 9w x 20d inches

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Let me see...my Rotel has been going strong for 6 years.

My Emotiva lasted almost 1 year.

Yep, I would get a used Rotel...
Given that Emotiva has a 5 year warranty, it should have been repaired for free.

I might also add that every company makes products that fail, and one cannot properly judge these matters from a single example.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I might also add that every company makes products that fail, and one cannot properly judge these matters from a single example.
Although I'm very much an emotiva supporter, I would definitely sooner trust Japanese build quality over Chinese.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Given that Emotiva has a 5 year warranty, it should have been repaired for free.

Sure, it was repaired for free several times, it was the shipping that hurt and it never did get fixed.

Luckily, I dumped it on Rick for dirt cheap and with full disclosure.:p

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
how much you want for that Titanic?...$ could go toward the amp you want!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis