Need affordable(?) amp for Polk RTi12.

A

AngelusNexx

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys I ended up buying a pair of the Polk RTi12. I am so new and confused when it comes to amps. My HK AVR635 obviously cant push these Polks to where I want them to be. I want the best performance for the price because I am on a tight budget. Getting the RTi12 ate my budget pretty good.

I dont want to give a price though because I have no idea what you would pay for a two channel amp. I would like a two channel amp thats about 300 Watts per channel.

Keeping in mind Im a college student thats on a budget is there anything you guys can recommend?

Thanks again. :)

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
You should consider a pro audio amp. They come in 2-channel configurations and the price can't be beat - especially since you're a college student. You might want to check out the Crown XLS-402 (I think it puts out 260 watts per channel @ 8 Ohms). Plus, it can be purchased for around $300 - $350 from on-line vendors.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I know the 630 can do a good job on the RTi10, not sure about the 12. I am using a 15 year old Adcom GFA-555 with my Denon 3805. It is only rated 200WPC into 8 ohms or 350 into 4 ohms, but is has no problem pushing my inefficient Veritas speakers. You should be able to get a used one at a very low price.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Check out ebay for stereo 2 channel amps, either home or pro audio. List them from most expensive on down. You'll find some nice two channel amps under $200 that will more than drive your Polks. Don't be afraid of older amps. Some are built like tanks, unlike a few of the units built today.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis