Audiophyte
So I've just started piecing my home theater together I need some advice
So my system is
Dennon 3600h 9.2 channel
2 klipsch tower speakers 625Fa with Dolby Atmos Speaker on top
C52 klipsch center speakers
4 r-41 Bookshelf speakers for surround
2 klipsch 12ich subs r-12sw wireless
so my question is I'm confused about all the external amps and preamp do I need these or should the system be great the way it is?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Your Denon can act as a pre-amp for an external amp but using an external amp isn't likely necessary. Without knowing things like what levels you're listening at or how far away from the speakers you sit or your room details hard to know if you're a good candidate. Generally Klipsch are relatively sensitive/efficient speakers and won't need the external amps...most of the sound quality is determined by your room/speakers, not the electronics.....

D

Dogman1986

Audiophyte
Your Denon can act as a pre-amp for an external amp but using an external amp isn't likely necessary. Without knowing things like what levels you're listening at or how far away from the speakers you sit or your room details hard to know if you're a good candidate. Generally Klipsch are relatively sensitive/efficient speakers and won't need the external amps...most of the sound quality is determined by your room/speakers, not the electronics.....
Thank you I ges I can get it all hooked up and go from there I just don't want to under power the speakers I heard that can cause damage

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Thank you I ges I can get it all hooked up and go from there I just don't want to under power the speakers I heard that can cause damage
The trick is not turning the volume knob up so high so as to not create problems for your speakers in the first place. The wattage ratings on your speakers are more about limits than anything more useful, generally they won't sound good at the stated limits either. You can use this spl calculator to see how much power you need for your speakers at your desired listening levels (and with Klipsch speakers I'd add 4-5 dB to the stated sensitivity spec, they spec an "in-room" equivalent that is usually about that far off from the standards most others use). 20 ft is a very large distance between you and your speakers, tho and more capable speakers could well be in order.

More information about your room/use would be helpful perhaps....

Last edited:
Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, a few more details. Like how far you sit from the speakers as well as the size of the room. Do you really sit 20 feet from the speakers or is that how big your room is?

D

Dogman1986

Audiophyte
Yeah, a few more details. Like how far you sit from the speakers as well as the size of the room. Do you really sit 20 feet from the speakers or is that how big your room is?
Ok I measured its 16 feet form the speakers to the couch the room is about 450sq feet

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
16 feet is still pretty significant. How loud are you listening? What is the reading on the master volume control typically (assuming you've calibrated your setup).

D

Dogman1986

Audiophyte
So I'm not quite there yet everything just came in from Shipping I just wanted to know if I should order the amp my living room does not allow me to move the couches up closer without the layout looking stupid the 4 surround speakers will be rather close within a few feet but the center Channel and two Tower speakers will be like I said 16 feet and two Atmos speakers as well I'm going to put one sub in the front left of the room in one sub in the rear right of the room I'm thinking this layout should be good I'm going to post a screenshot of my surveillance video so you can have an idea of my living room size and placement don't mind the wife and baby in the photo

Attachments

Paul DS

Paul DS

Full Audioholic
So I've just started piecing my home theater together I need some advice
So my system is
Dennon 3600h 9.2 channel
2 klipsch tower speakers 625Fa with Dolby Atmos Speaker on top
C52 klipsch center speakers
4 r-41 Bookshelf speakers for surround
2 klipsch 12ich subs r-12sw wireless
so my question is I'm confused about all the external amps and preamp do I need these or should the system be great the way it is?
Your system should be great just the way it is. Klipsch speakers are very efficient. There is a very simple rule of thumb: If it sounds bad or distorted turn down the volume.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis