S

swheel

Enthusiast
Hey Guys,

Thank you for your support, I bought a marantz nr-1200 and a pair of Wharfedale Evo 4.1, they sounded pretty awesome to me.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Guys,

Thank you for your support, I bought a marantz nr-1200 and a pair of Wharfedale Evo 4.1, they sounded pretty awesome to me.
Congrats, that system should of course sound great in a small room.
Did you go for the Marantz instead of the Denon DRA because of style? I would think the Denon might be cheaper, the two are basically the same sharing much of the parts and circuitry. Specs (audio) look almost identical too except the DRA is rated 100 W. I prefer the look of the Marantz, just wondering if you are too.

Last edited:
S

swheel

Enthusiast
Congrats, that system should of course sound great in a small room.
Did you go for the Marantz instead of the Denon DRA because of style? I would think the Denon might be cheaper, the two are basically the same sharing much of the parts and circuitry. Specs (audio) look almost identical too except the DRA is rated 100 W. I prefer the look of the Marantz, just wondering if you are too.

Hi,

Well, I chose the Marantz because I liked the sound with the Evos, it was a little bit smaller (I don't have a large space) and the guy from the store told me that Marantz was better.

I will tell how they sound when I install them.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi,

Well, I chose the Marantz because I liked the sound with the Evos, it was a little bit smaller (I don't have a large space) and the guy from the store told me that Marantz was better.

I will tell how they sound when I install them.
Thank you for the feed back. Marantz is a good choice, but in future don't listen to the store rep on something like that. Many of us have owned both and they are more of the same than different except obviously in styles. Talks of "warm", "neutral" etc.kind of difference between the two are myths/hearsay that are generally baseless.

S

swheel

Enthusiast
Thank you for the feed back. Marantz is a good choice, but in future don't listen to the store rep on something like that. Many of us have owned both and they are more of the same than different except obviously in styles. Talks of "warm", "neutral" etc.kind of difference between the two are myths/hearsay that are generally baseless.
I am a newbie, there are not many high-fidelity retailers in Barcelona and this was the best, so I went there and they let me listen to different speakers and equipment in a dedicated room, in the end I chose this combo because it fit my budget and I was impressed with the sound. These speakers sound very detailed, the stereo image was wide, the representation of the instruments in several planes was much better, in my opinion, than the Emit 10 and the Rpm-400, so I decided to keep the Wharfedale Evo 4.1.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis