Need advice to buy an amplifier/receiver device for home

A

Annrose

Audiophyte
Hi all,

i am a beginner in this forum.
I don’t have much idea about buying an audio device that required for my home.
Still I don’t know what kind of amplifier or receiver needed for this.
Please find the images.
i have 4 ceiling speakers, 1 outside and 3 inside our home.
could anyone please suggest me what to buy for these speakers to connect on a budget below 150$ if any.
Cheers.

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not much information to go on but generally your budget will be inadequate. The specifics of each speaker (are you sure the speakers are in place, what make/model are they?) and locations and how you will use them (i.e. for background music or ? ). Generally you'd look into whole home audio amplifiers/controls like these offerings from htd.com https://www.htd.com/Products/Whole-House-Audio

A

Annrose

Audiophyte
Not much information to go on but generally your budget will be inadequate. The specifics of each speaker (are you sure the speakers are in place, what make/model are they?) and locations and how you will use them (i.e. for background music or ? ). Generally you'd look into whole home audio amplifiers/controls like these offerings from htd.com https://www.htd.com/Products/Whole-House-Audio
Thanks a lot for the response.
I know my budget is low. Im looking for used items in market place if i get know the right product to buy.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
When you built or brought your home, was there a Device there already? If not maybe get with the builder or Previous owner to find out what was used. You can google "whole house" setups.

A

Annrose

Audiophyte
When you built or brought your home, was there a Device there already? If not maybe get with the builder or Previous owner to find out what was used. You can google "whole house" setups.
Its built 3 years ago and I can’t contact them back due to some personal reasons.
It was a display house so definitely thr was a device inplace which they were using for creating an ambience.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Its built 3 years ago and I can’t contact them back due to some personal reasons.
It was a display house so definitely thr was a device inplace which they were using for creating an ambience.
For just a start, jump on Amazon, in their Search box, put "whole" house units. I just did a Quick looksee there are a ton of cheap to highend unit's for that. Some with Bluetooth some with Wi-Fi for Streaming. I would recommend pulling one or more of the speakers out to see what type they are. No telling what is used till you do that.

A

Annrose

Audiophyte
For just a start, jump on Amazon, in their Search box, put "whole" house units. I just did a Quick looksee there are a ton of cheap to highend unit's for that. Some with Bluetooth some with Wi-Fi for Streaming.
Oh really.
I will give a shot at that. Let me see.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Are there any volume controls in the walls associated with the 4 in-ceiling speakers?

Are the speakers all in different rooms or are they in a single room?

There is NO CHANCE there was a TV in place when they were using speakers. This was not part of a surround sound setup, but was used for background audio in the home using a piece of crap amplifier (which they took with them) and some crappy in-ceiling speakers. This is LOW END builder grade crap. The fact they didn't leave the amplifier, but left the phoenix connector which the amplifier will need to connect is a pure sign of stupidity on their part. Really f'd up to take with them.

So, you have what appears to be a setup using series/parralel wiring out to a single zone of audio, all playing the same source at the same volume. If there are no volume controls, then you wouldn't have separate volume control for the four sets of speakers. All speakers will be playing the exact same audio.

If I were looking to get some audio out of the speakers for background music (nothing surround sound or TV watching here!!!) then I would pick up an amplifier on eBay. If there are no volume controls, I might look for a volume control/speaker selector as well.

The Niles SSVC-4 (speaker selector/volume control/4-room) is about $100, though I bet there are some generic models for less money.
ie: Pyle for $50...
Pyle is not nearly the quality of Niles, so you get what you pay for here!

Then you need an amplifier. The amplifier will provide power to run all the speakers. I often pick up some used Niles, Sonance, or similar better known brands.
Something like this is a good price...

So, you are under $200 doing it this way with decent components. Make sure they aren't packed into a tight closet or you will suffocate them.
Hook up any audio source you want. Like your phone, a FM tuner, or a Bluetooth receiver. Maybe pick up a Sonos (a few hundred $$$), or hook up some other audio only streaming device. You will need to provide an audio source for your setup, but this will get you going right near your budget.

Realize that builders have ZERO F'N CLUE HOW TO DO HOME AUDIO!!! So, you didn't buy some kick-arse system. You got shafted here... pretty bad IMO.

But, hey, you have some speakers, so you might as well put them to use. $150 is about all I'd want to spend if that was the setup I was stuck with. But, once it is playing, you will still be pretty stoked I expect.

A

Annrose

Audiophyte
Oh wow thts a brilliant response and wht i was exactly looking for.
Every word u said about the builder and the speakers are exactly the truth.
1.there is no volume ctrl unit on wall.
2.the speakers are in different zones , living room, hallway, activity room and one in alfresco.
3.there wasn’t a tv in place.
4.speakers were used for the background music as it was a display house.
5. yes they took crappy amplifier with em leaving me no clue what it was inplace.
6. I definitely don’t want to spend much to this joke.
i will be using these speakers for background music.

u know the right thing about this. Im amazed.
thanks for giving me this much idea.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis