Need advice on receiver connections?

L

Laro

Audioholic Intern
How can one connect both a TV and Projector to an AV receiver having only one HDMI output? Also, if I do put out the extra cash for a receiver with two HDMI outputs with the TV connected to the ARC HDMI and the projector connected to the Zone 2 Sub HDMI, will the sound come out of the same speakers or will I need separate speakers to connect to the Zone 2 speaker outputs?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You will typically want to ensure that both the projector and the television have the same resolution. This is most often 4K at this point. If that's what you are using and you have a full 18Gb/s 4K HDMI system, then you just need a good HDMI 2.0 splitter.

This one will do a good job, and it includes an integrated scaler just in case the projector only supports 1080p video.

The same speakers will be used for both TV viewing or for when you are using the projector.

L

Laro

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for your suggestion. I am using an HDMI splitter now which utilizes a remote control and doesn't work very well . . . just one of many issues that I deal with that is making me want to make a change. Is there not a good reliable AV receiver with duel HDMI outputs out there for around $400 or less without buying a refurbished one? The main reasons I like the Denon AVR-S960H is for the smaller cabinet size (13" depth) and duel HDMI outputs, but I don't need the 8k and $700 price!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis