Need advice on LCR speakers for small HT

B

bomt697

Junior Audioholic
Hello, I have a small HT area (150 sq) and need advice on picking out a budget friendly LCR speaker setup. Speakers will be connected to a Denon x3800h
These are my criterias that I am trying to stick too:
1. Max budget of $1500 (including all taxes and shipping), wifey would be happier if I stayed much lower than that
2. Bookshelf speakers over floorstanding, given the small space
(speakers dont need to reach down too low, I have two arendal sound 1621 1s subs that will take care of the low end)
3. Ability to place relatively close to wall to maximize the space
4. Be consider on the "warmer side". Looking for non fatiguing speakers.
5. Sensitivity rating of 89 dB or higher

Any and all recommendations would help alot. Thanks !!

K

kini

Full Audioholic

I presume you already have an AVR.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
You might look at KEF, ELAC, POLK. Look up and read reviews on your model selections. Use Crutchfield.com for general pricing.

Others will chime in here too. Good luck!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Do you have any personal experience with them? How far do they need to be from the wall??
Everything I have seen and heard about these Speakers is pretty excellent.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The Hsu CCB-8s might work well for you here if you could EQ them. I would not describe them as warm, but they would be less affected by near wall placement than typical speakers. You can EQ tonality to make a speaker sound warm, but you can not EQ wide sound dispersion to be narrow.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Hello, I have a small HT area (150 sq) and need advice on picking out a budget friendly LCR speaker setup. Speakers will be connected to a Denon x3800h
1. Max budget of $1500 (including all taxes and shipping), wifey would be happier if I stayed much lower than that
(speakers dont need to reach down too low, I have two arendal sound 1621 1s subs that will take care of the low end)

With a sub you don’t need towers if cost and space is concerned. Personally I love bass so both my surround systems are built on towers left & right . The one towers though lack bass . Klipsch or jbl are my preferred brands .

C

chaz57

Enthusiast

I'm liking My B&W M1's, little suckers sound good in my small (225sq) room. On sale $250 each now. But they don't quite meet your sensitivity requirements as they're @ 85 dB...but if you give them a chance you might like them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis