need advice on energy speakers e:xl 25 purchase

H

htpcfan

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Need advice on Energy speakers e:xl 25 and affordable speaker wires...

Does anybody own a pair of these floorstanders? I'm thinking about getting a pair from the local stereo shop, since they're having a clearance sale selling them for $275/pair. I reserved the last pair and need to make a decision by Thursday!

Any advice? Basically I'm thinking about slowly upgrading through my Pioneer 5.1 &quot;home theater in a box&quot;, and first off my friend's recommended the fronts, followed by the center and then the sub. Since I have a 7.1 receiver I figured at least if I get the fronts I'll get 7.1 :-D

Any thoughts? Please help!

Oh yeah, also, I was wondering how important are speaker wires, and how essential is it to get &quot;good&quot; speaker wires over normal wires? How good does &quot;good&quot; need to be, and what could I get locally as opposed to online? I tried searching past threads but couldn't find too much on this topic...

Please help, thanks!</font>

H

htpcfan

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Oh yeah, in terms of expanding my system later on, is it okay to &quot;mix and match&quot;? &nbsp;Since the e:xl 25 is discontinued... :-/</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis