Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Recovering from a heinous RA attack this weekend, so I need a TV series if someone has suggestions. I have Youtube Premium, Am Prime and sometimes Netflix. I go month to month on nf as needed. But I wonder if someone can suggest a TV series? Good sound is important. Drama preferrably. I enjoyed Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Mad Men, House of Cards (U.S. version),. So you get an idea of what strikes my fancy. I know there is Hulu, Paramount Plus, etc. I don't have those, but I suppose I could if something was too good to pass on. Thanks!

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The Expanse, Bosch, Chernobyl, Peaky Blinders, The Queens Gambit, The Boys, Ted Lasso, Dark, Andor, Ozark, Final Space, Love Death and Robots, Shameless, Silo, Mindhunter... and many more

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I did see Ozark. Very good, but the end or actually most of the final season was a big disappointment to me.
The Boys season one was good, kind of lost me with s2 with the plot going in many directions iirc. I'll check on the others you mentioned. Thx. I did find out later that actor Jack Quaid of The Boys is Meg Ryan and Dennis Quaid's son.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I see Jared Harris is in Cherobyl. He was great in Mad Men. Singer Richard Harris' son. He sang MacArthur Park.

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Sorry for your RA attack. Have you thought about pluto.tv? It's free and it offers great 'retro' shows.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Oh thx! I have had it for 15+ years, but the past couple weeks have been about the worst.
I have heard of Pluto, but never checked it out. Thx!

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
The Expanse, Bosch, Chernobyl, Peaky Blinders, The Queens Gambit, The Boys, Ted Lasso, Dark, Andor, Ozark, Final Space, Love Death and Robots, Shameless, Silo, Mindhunter... and many more
I love the Expanse, "Let's rehydrate with some Beers" the whole series is very good.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I love the Expanse, "Let's rehydrate with some Beers" the whole series is very good.
I love Expanse, but the first season is slow-paced and hard to get through. Is it a small price to pay for such a crazy, wild ride that comes after it?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Also, I should add Goliath and (amazon's) Reacher

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If you like dark dramas, watch Mind Hunter on Netflix. Extremely well-made but also very dark. If you had MAX, I would also have recommended The Wire and Boardwalk Empire. Also True Dtective.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I just watched "The Fall Of The House Of Usher" That was nuts, and not really horror...which is good, as horror bores me.
Very well done.
Fargo reigns supreme if you can get it.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I like slightly dark like Breaking Bad, Walking Dead (for about 4 seasons, till it sucked) but not that serial killer guy. What was that? He was a serial killer hunting serial killers I think. Fargo was great. I saw I think 3 of them. All great. No one replays it that I have found.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
I like slightly dark like Breaking Bad, Walking Dead (for about 4 seasons, till it sucked) but not that serial killer guy. What was that? He was a serial killer hunting serial killers I think. Fargo was great. I saw I think 3 of them. All great. No one replays it that I have found.
Banshee was great...
For sci-fi that will make your brain explode, 12 Monkeys The Series is incredible. (nobody watches that one just once)

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I saw 12 Monkeys the series. Fairly cool. Btw, 12 Monkeys, the movie happens to be my favorite movie of all time. My favorite scene is when Dr. Reilly (Madilyn Stowe) remembers or figured out why James (Bruce Willis) looks incredibly familiar to her. She is freaking out goihg through papers, etc, then cries out "NOOO!"when she finds it. All time favorite Hollywood movie scene.
Dexter is what I was thinking. Saw ep one and said nope, not for me.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yellowstone season 1-5 I got mine from the local library, so more of a chance to get it there. Relax and enjoy!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis