Need a test tone cd.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Hey guys I need a test tone cd that is like the first Bass Makanik cd. It has 10hz to 100 hz each frequency lasts for 5 seconds. Is there a cd that plays maybe 100hz to 200hz or 100hz to 500hz? I don't want pink noise I want it to be bass. Thanks guys for your time!

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I looked and they aren't bass theyre all some weird noise.

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
I dont know but they dont sound the same as my bass cd. My bass cd has 10hz to 100hz and its not a test tone its bass.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Bass guitars don't go that low, maybe some organs but essentially you're listening to modified sine waves at such frequencies...maybe contact Bass Mekanik for what they provided or maybe still can?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I dont know but they dont sound the same as my bass cd. My bass cd has 10hz to 100hz and its not a test tone its bass.
Bass is not an item, it is a category of bass frequencies, which is a collection of sine waves. Every sound is a combination of sine waves, that can be broken down by Fournier analysis. Bass does not even have a precise definition, but a rough classification of sounds with a frequency from roughly 16 Hz to 500 Hz, and comprises roughly six octaves, known as the bass decade.

It is like saying you want red, which is a combination of electromagnetic waves towards the lowest frequencies of the visible light spectrum. However the different shades of reds are enormous, and depends on the proportions of different wavelengths of that portion of the visible spectrum.

So the varieties of sounds in the bass spectrum is enormous, and depends on the proportion if sine wave frequencies present in what is known as the bass decade.

So your request in absolutely meaningless and has no answer,

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I’ve got a couple with complete sweeps 20 to 20 I think they come from sterophiles web site . Also got a couple disc with low organ and different bass notes there a good source to test out what your system can reproduce or not .

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Bass guitars don't go that low, maybe some organs but essentially you're listening to modified sine waves at such frequencies...maybe contact Bass Mekanik for what they provided or maybe still can?
Bass guitar, tuned normally, uses 41.2Hz for the E string and if it's a 5 string with a B, that's tuned to 31Hz, but the first harmonic is the strongest component of what we hear unless the string is plucked at the midpoint. Some de-tune a half or whole step lower, dropping the B string's tuning to 27.5Hz, if it's dropped to A.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis