I

ivseenbetter2020

Audioholic Intern
Well I had been slowly running into issue after issue after moving all my audio equipment to a new house. I had noticed some significant distortion in my center channel speaker, a Rocket RSC200 that I have paired with RS850s. It was really noticeable when I was running off of my old Yamaha receiver but when I threw in my Emotiva amp it was hardly noticeable so I ignored it for now.

Well my receiver died and so I snagged a used pioneer elite reciever that had much better integrated amp...so I decided to pull the Emotiva out of the equation again. Well the center sounded even worse than I remembered. Almost any male voice was irritatingly distorted. I swapped with the left channel speaker to see if it was a problem with the receiver and it sounded fine coming out of the left. I snagged some old Behringer B2030p that I used to use for surrounds, to swap out with the RSC200. Instantly sounded fine...so the problem is definitely the RSC200.

2 questions.
1. What is a a good center to swap out with the RSC200 permanently? The Behringer is fine for now but the wife doesn't like the look so it'll need to go eventually. Looking to spend $200 + $300 for something that compliments the 850s.

2. What do people do with old center speakers like mine? Seems like such a waste to just junk it. Is there something interesting or fun that could be done with an old speaker like that?

Thanks in advance.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Look at the Polk LSiM center channel ... but no one can speak for your ears

I

ivseenbetter2020

Audioholic Intern
Yeah. It's hard to capture personal preferences. Just gathering suggestions to help narrow the field. Much appreciated

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis