Need a little help.

jailgarda

jailgarda

Audiophyte
Recently purchased a pair of speakers labeled PSB TMW-3. The grills are permanently attached and I can't find any information about these. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out what I have here? Contacted PSB and they seem to be just as confused as me.

View attachment 32735

View attachment 32736

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The attachments aren't working

I found this info on them.... from link

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649517958-vintage-psb-passif-i-speakers-mint/

These are model TMW-3 finished in real walnut veneer. These were among the first speaker models produced by PSB. The TMW-3 has one 1" dome tweeter, a 5" sealed back mid-range, and a 12" woofer. The grills are hot-glued in, but a thin edged tool used carefully can pry it off without damage.

These were the standard PSB speakers circa 1972-73 (PSB began as a company in 1972). They are very efficient, needing little power to achieve loud volume levels.

You can reach out to PSB for information.

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
The attachments aren't working

I found this info on them.... from link

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/details/649517958-vintage-psb-passif-i-speakers-mint/

These are model TMW-3 finished in real walnut veneer. These were among the first speaker models produced by PSB. The TMW-3 has one 1" dome tweeter, a 5" sealed back mid-range, and a 12" woofer. The grills are hot-glued in, but a thin edged tool used carefully can pry it off without damage.

These were the standard PSB speakers circa 1972-73 (PSB began as a company in 1972). They are very efficient, needing little power to achieve loud volume levels.

You can reach out to PSB for information.
Why don’t they make bookshelves with big woofers anymore R.I.P. ??? Look nice

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

jailgarda

jailgarda

Audiophyte
Why don’t they make bookshelves with big woofers anymore R.I.P. ??? Look nice

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them
I think the problem with bookshelf speakers using smaller drivers today is the focus on Home Theater speakers by manufacturers. When you're packaging 5 to 7 speakers plus a sub to fit into your typical HT space, large bookshelf speakers get tricky with placement and their impact on aesthetics. Me, I want as large a speaker as i can get. I think of speakers as furniture as well as audio equipment but not the average consumer walking around BestBuy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis