M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Temporary solution for where to put my new Tascam CD player. Don't have anywhere to put the TV as of yet since all the rooms at this inn, are currently filled! This took 30 minutes, a bit of scrap tubing and a bit of welding. I will paint it black and use it like this until I figure something else out. I'm thinking of eventually setting up a near field type layout and keeping the CD player close to the MLP, along with the desktop PC, game system etc. Have to wait for some of these people to find their wings, first. Currently the knowns of staying at Casa de Boat is, I play music comfortably loud into the wee hrs so, no suffering on my part either way.

A couple 1.25" crutch tips and we're stationary (there's a couple blind catches that keep the frame from sliding backwards) and this unit has a rather nice remote. I'm still in awe of CD's so, loading one at a time is still easier than vinyl. The rubber feet trap the unit within the frame. I will tidy up the outside corners a bit before I paint it. Wanted to make sure it all fits first before I spent too much time on it.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Not that it means much, but I approve. I would always opt for wood, but as I say this is good enough and I like the fact you’ve managed to use the odd shape of the TV.

I wouldn’t recommend painting metal black unless you have the tools and what it takes to make it neat. Metal hand painted black always looks like from scrap yard.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Not that it means much, but I approve. I would always opt for wood, but as I say this is good enough and I like the fact you’ve managed to use the odd shape of the TV.

I wouldn’t recommend painting metal black unless you have the tools and what it takes to make it neat. Metal hand painted black always looks like from scrap yard.
These are easy enough to spray paint. I even have the necessary etch primer for aluminum here. Painted black, it will be unnoticeable among the black cd player. All of these things I had on hand.

The square tubing/paint, I had left over from my gate (it was recycled material too!) project. The gate, from start to finish took about 6 hrs. Most of which was drilling and screwing all of the pickets to the frame. Even sprayed with oil base Rustoleum, the gate looks as good as the nicest commercial manufactured part. Better, actually, since the welds are likely better than that from a production facility.

I like wood too, but more often than not, the welding is a nice option to have! The things that manage to get built just here at home, like the fence/gate, end up saving hundreds of dollars at a time. The gate that used to be there was entirely of wood and was so heavy, it ended up wearing out the barn gate hinges it was hung on until it fell off. This one will last longer than I will.

I should also mention that this plays 'against' the ever mentioned and dreaded, "WAF." My way of thumbing my nose at such a notion. :)

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I wouldn’t recommend painting metal black unless you have the tools and what it takes to make it neat.
You must have missed his first DIY speakers he posted here.
I think it can be fairly said that Mr Boat is a Master Craftsman (or at least he knows how to use his hands to accomplish impressive erections when he so desires)!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
It hasn't been on since Oct 2016. I may hook up a PS to it or something but I have nowhere else to put it so it's here for now. :)
That’s fair. You know I just had to rib you a little.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
You must have missed his first DIY speakers he posted here.
I think it can be fairly said that Mr Boat is a Master Craftsman (or at least he knows how to use his hands to accomplish impressive erections when he so desires)!
He means the metal ones!

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Anyway, that Tascam looks awsome. I always liked Tascam. Does it serve you well?

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Anyway, that Tascam looks awsome. I always liked Tascam. Does it serve you well?
Yes. It plays/sounds as good as any CD player I have owned. I like the remote that comes with it as well. It came with rack mounts but they are removable, which I also liked.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis