D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Hehehe.....

(14) Abiline Christian 53, (3) Texas 52
(13) Ohio 62, (4) UVA 58

Rule #1: cheer for the lower seed
Rule #2: buzzer beaters would be nice;)

It isn't as fun after the 32s so enjoy while the upsets happen.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Really bad first round for Virginia basketball.

UVA choked yet again (at least not as embarrassing as UMBC)
Tech lost a close one
VCU had to forfeit
Liberty came up short but played well
Norfolk State got steamrolled

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
The big one was (15) Oral Roberts over (2) OSU. I just love the upset and don't care the B10 is in my area. :)

Glad UVA did win a title, finally, but they usually are not a tourney team. So no real suprise. My recent fav is Loyola Chicago 2018 that went to the FF. Great team ball.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
(8) Loyola Chicago back into the sweet 16 with a win over (1) Illini. Such fun team ball to watch. High fundamentals ball. Nobody is pro, but everyone is good and they don't turn the ball over. Rebounding as a team. With exception to the center, everyone is quick and know their spots. They set picks for the best outside shooter, staying with the pivot foot after dribbling to create space for the shot, leaning into the defender as you shoot, knowing when to drive, knowing when to blast to the hole w/o the ball, and above all not settling for the jumper when the time clock winds down. Double teaming Illini's ball carrier and just generally giving them problems because they can't get into a rhythm. Their quite comfortable setting up the offense and running down the clock but will rush a little if they have the numbers. It's soooooooo much more enjoyable than big boy ball! It's textbook coaching really. The fundamentals are about as good as you can expect. I don't realistically expect them to do it again, but it sure is fun. In this type of collegiate setting. Been such a pleasure to watch them these past couple tourneys.:cool:

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
You just highlighted the reason I prefer to watch women's college b-ball over men's. They play to fundamentals. Less ego, hardly any fights, and they just seem to have more heart in the game.

I remember several years ago my high school's girls team went undefeated and made the state championship game. They played street ball, but were so talented they could just steamroll everybody. Then in the championship they met this team from the Roanoke Valley, a bunch of skinny white girls. But holy hell, every possession was screens and backdoor cuts, and my school's team simply could not defend them from scoring. Those mountain girls weren't athletically better, but they were coached to play ball, not to be ballers. Needless to say, my school didn't bring home the big trophy.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Loyola Chicago over bracket 1 seed Illinois. Gotta love it!

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
You just highlighted the reason I prefer to watch women's college b-ball over men's. They play to fundamentals. Less ego, hardly any fights, and they just seem to have more heart in the game.

I remember several years ago my high school's girls team went undefeated and made the state championship game. They played street ball, but were so talented they could just steamroll everybody. Then in the championship they met this team from the Roanoke Valley, a bunch of skinny white girls. But holy hell, every possession was screens and backdoor cuts, and my school's team simply could not defend them from scoring. Those mountain girls weren't athletically better, but they were coached to play ball, not to be ballers. Needless to say, my school didn't bring home the big trophy.
Yep, it feels like you're watching a bunch of individuals on a team.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
(15) Oral Roberts is in the 16s hehehe. Pretty sweet. They can really shoot!:cool:

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
UCLA 51, Michigan 49. I think they might be the first team from the First Four to advance to the FF.:cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis