Nakamichi 7.1.4 soundbar with Dolby Atmos

K

Knightstick

Audiophyte
Hi guys, I’m wondering if anyone here owns one of these, or the different Nakamichi soundbar systems. I’m pretty much convinced of buying one, save a few of the bad reviews I’ve read. I’ve read they don’t last, have connection issues. Also problems with firmware updates, and such. I’m basically trying to figure out if these people complaining may just not know what they’re doing or maybe a defective product that they received. Also feel free to tell me how it works for you, and how you like it

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I don’t have one but I remember around launch time, the guys that were getting them seemed to be happy, with lots of hype. I would guess maybe a dozen members have one. Maybe less?
My experience with many reviews/products is that many times, users are stoopid, and blame it on the products. RTFM!!!!!! Lol. So if you’re patient enough to sort through good AND bad reviews and boil them down, you should be able to make a good choice.
IMO, as long as you set your expectations accordingly, you’ll probably enjoy the NAK fairly well. Just know that it’s actual Atmos capability will not be as good as a discrete system. However the overall surround presentation could be pretty good.

K

Knightstick

Audiophyte
I don’t have one but I remember around launch time, the guys that were getting them seemed to be happy, with lots of hype. I would guess maybe a dozen members have one. Maybe less?
My experience with many reviews/products is that many times, users are stoopid, and blame it on the products. RTFM!!!!!! Lol. So if you’re patient enough to sort through good AND bad reviews and boil them down, you should be able to make a good choice.
IMO, as long as you set your expectations accordingly, you’ll probably enjoy the NAK fairly well. Just know that it’s actual Atmos capability will not be as good as a discrete system. However the overall surround presentation could be pretty good.
Thanks man! I appreciate the insight. I’m definitely not looking for anything theater like with a soundbar but just want something decent without all the cables.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks man! I appreciate the insight. I’m definitely not looking for anything theater like with a soundbar but just want something decent without all the cables.
Yeah for sure!
Sounds like you know where you are going, and I think you’ll be happy.
Until you find the opening of the rabbit hole...
L. O. L.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I disagree. Nakamichi is now a total junk company. We have had posts about trouble with those units. When I tried to help a member having trouble and got on their website I got the only serious virus attack I have ever had. Unfortunately the great Nakamichi company of old went bust and the name was bought by rip off artists. Be very careful!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I disagree. Nakamichi is now a total junk company. We have had posts about trouble with those units. When I tried to help a member having trouble and got on their website I got the only serious virus attack I have ever had. Unfortunately the great Nakamichi company of old went bust and the name was bought by rip off artists. Be very careful!
Thanks mark. I didn’t realize they were not the same ol NAK as before.

K

Knightstick

Audiophyte
Thanks for letting me know! What would you recommend for a soundbar around $700? I was looking at a LG 3.1 and a Vizio 5.1.2.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I don’t follow soundbars much, but Klipsch has a few that got a lot of love from a couple members. New one coming this fall I guess.

K

Knightstick

Audiophyte
I don’t follow soundbars much, but Klipsch has a few that got a lot of love from a couple members. New one coming this fall I guess.
thanks! I appreciate the direction. I’ll check that one out for sure. I used to have a really nice Klipsch sub that sounded amazing.

chris357

chris357

Senior Audioholic
Great timing I was just looking at this.I just bought a Samsung but am having problems with it but it may have been that it was a display. Anyone have an opinion on the Definitive Technologies sound bars?

K

Knightstick

Audiophyte
Great timing I was just looking at this.I just bought a Samsung but am having problems with it but it may have been that it was a display. Anyone have an opinion on the Definitive Technologies sound bars?
I did a whole lot of research, and went ahead with the Nakamichi 7.2.4. Let me tell you, it is amazing! From what I’ve seen a lot of people are having problems with the older models after doing the latest FM update. I talked to a whole lot of people who had no problems also. I’ve had absolutely no issues with this soundbar system. It’s actually super simple to use. The one thing I’m not thrilled about is that there’s no way to control the subwoofer level. If you’re thinking of that price range it’s definitely worth looking into. It does well for a soundbar system for sure!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis