Naim Uniti Atom HE: A Sophisticated Wireless Streamer Inside a Headphone Amp

Wayde Robson

Wayde Robson

Audioholics Anchorman
Today, Naim released an updated version of its Uniti Atom streaming amp/preamp/DAC, built specifically for hifi headphones.

I got to spend a couple of weeks with it before launch and got to know what it does right and a few of its quirks. As you'd expect from a small high-end audio manufacturer like Naim, the amp/DAC/pre-amp implementation is among the best I've heard in an all-in-one unit, and shows typical Naim styling in the design.

Headphone communities talk about an "end game" system, this system is positioned to be an 'end game' for the deep pocketed consumer, priced at $3290. But what it does best is the UX of its streaming architecture with a broad scope of compatibilities. It features UpNP, Chromecast built-in, AirPlay 2, Roon Ready, with built-in support for Spotify, Tidal, Qobuz and an onboard assortment of Internet radio stations with a playlist dedicated to high-bit streams.

Naim Uniti Atom Headphone Edition Review: The Future of Streaming
naim-audio-uniti-he.jpeg

Last edited:
B

buckchester

Junior Audioholic
I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but all of your headphone related articles come across as marketing. Why doesn't this website have the same level of objectivity for headphone related products as it does for its speaker reviews?

Big-Q

Big-Q

Junior Audioholic
At the end of the day, Naim makes ugly equipment in my opinion. Plus, that volume knob on the top is the dumbest thing there is.

L

Leo 472

Audiophyte
This device almost perfect, but the absence of an HDMI input, preferably with eARC, is a deal breaker for me.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis