Zagg HzO WaterBlocking Technology Demo!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Zagg has done it again. Not content to sit around waiting for the next SHIELD device, they went to work protecting your electronics products from the inside. Yes, we said FROM THE INSIDE. How? We have no freaking idea, but the demo is amazing. Zagg has figured out how to use a chemical to bond to electronics in order to prevent water from doing what water does - namely short out any electronics it comes into contact with it. How do we know it's real? Because Zagg demonstrated it in a fishbowl with an iPod that kept playing - along with a speaker connected to its headphone jack - for over 15 minutes. If this isn't hype and the process is able to be made to work for consumers, then this could be the the next evolution in manufacturing for electronics products. I just hope manufactures are willing to license it, because this is something that should come from the factory.

Discuss "Zagg HzO WaterBlocking Technology Demo!" here. Read the article.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Now I'm curious how long an iPod would work under water without the coating.

I'm also wondering if that was actually water, and if so, how purified it was...but I can be skeptical of video salespeople. :)

A

abjonesiii

Audioholic
I got $20 that says absolutely nothing will come of this. Seriously if devices were made to be waterproof how much money would the big cell phone companies loss by not be able to sell replacement phones to all the idiots who ruin theirs in water. (Self included I left one in the rain...). They'll never do it.

I think that this will be huge on a manufacturing process level, but not as any sort of aftermarket solution. If it gets licensed and you get a manufacturer claiming water resistant products it will be a huge draw. Now if only the Gorilla Glass 2 would be as good at shatter resistance as it is to slow gradual pressure breaks. I want an elegant phone that doesn't scratch and which can be dropped or driver over by a car. That would be awesome.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I got $20 that says absolutely nothing will come of this. Seriously if devices were made to be waterproof how much money would the big cell phone companies loss by not be able to sell replacement phones to all the idiots who ruin theirs in water. (Self included I left one in the rain...). They'll never do it.
The Military will use it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis