Bowers & Wilkins PM-1 Bookshelf Speaker First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
When B&W comes out with a new speaker, people get excited. The PM-1 Bookshelf takes a lot from the 800 series while bringing some new things to the table. Like a Carbon Braced Tweeter, a Foam Damping Cap on their 5" Kevlar woofer, and a price point of $2,800 a pair. Are they priced for the impulse buyer? No. Well, unless you are Steve Jobs. But they are reasonable for the audiophile crowd.

Discuss "Bowers & Wilkins PM-1 Bookshelf Speaker First Look" here. Read the article.

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic
For a "brick and mortar" brand speaker, I think B&W sound great. Its just the price that kills.

Example, their 800 diamonds cost 25,000 msrp. Imagine the speaker set up and gear you could get with that. For example, maybe Klipsch's THX Ultra II setup with 11 speakers + 4 Funkywaves 18.3 subs. That would still be cheaper and look what you get. It may not be top of the line, but with room treatments etc... It would sound close.

B

bellevegasj

Junior Audioholic
I'm not crazy about the design, but I bet they sound wonderful. B&W put crazy R&D into their products.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis