SnapAV Episode 900 Series In-Wall Loudspeakers First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Are the new SnapAV Episode 900 speakers designed for the custom installation market? You bet. But we love seeing features such as overbuilt back boxes, separate EQ adjustments for bass, mids, and the tweeter with a compensation for perforated drop screens, and ribbon tweeters. The EX-HT900-ISLCR-6 is a little too wide for horizontal placement without cutting in to a couple of studs but other than that, we love how both this and the ES-HT950-IW-7 look on paper. But, as is often the case with in-wall speakers, only you'll know how cool they are. Everyone else will wonder where that sound is coming from.

Discuss "SnapAV Episode 900 Series In-Wall Loudspeakers First Look" here. Read the article.

I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
Are the new SnapAV Episode 900 speakers designed for the custom installation market? You bet. But we love seeing features such as overbuilt back boxes, separate EQ adjustments for bass, mids, and the tweeter with a compensation for perforated drop screens, and ribbon tweeters. The EX-HT900-ISLCR-6 is a little too wide for horizontal placement without cutting in to a couple of studs but other than that, we love how both this and the ES-HT950-IW-7 look on paper. But, as is often the case with in-wall speakers, only you'll know how cool they are. Everyone else will wonder where that sound is coming from.

Discuss "SnapAV Episode 900 Series In-Wall Loudspeakers First Look" here. Read the article.
Really really nice speaker. The models bellow seen here:

http://www.episodespeakers.com/product/69/Episode-900-Series-In-Wall-Home-Theater-LCR-Speaker-with-Dual-6.5-in.-Woofers-(Each)

& here

http://www.episodespeakers.com/product/66/Episode-700-Series-Home-Theater-In-Wall-LCR-Speaker

Are also fully enclosed. The 700 series are great speakers for those on a mid level budget. I would liken these similar to Triad Silver, Totem Tribe In-walls, KEF Ci9000. All considerably more expensive than the 700.

I don't believe that the 700s were mentioned in the article (at least that I saw), but there is a matching fully enclosed in-ceiling LCR that can be used as a complete front stage or as a center channel with the in-walls (the article did mention the trouble with in-wall center channels due to wall construction). The in-ceiling LCR can be viewed here: http://www.episodespeakers.com/product/49/Episode-700-Series-Home-Theater-In-Ceiling-LCR-Speaker and is priced similar to the 700s.

I know that in-walls, particularly on the upper/mid end are too popular around here, but for lifestyle & performance, this line is tough to beat.

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
hi in-the-industry - you seem pretty familiar with this company.

Any opinion / recommendation on their in-ceiling designs? My main choice right now is the KEF ci160.2 QR (a smallish 6.5" woofer 2 way design) as ceiling rafters limit my cut out to 7 and 3/4 inches. purpose : surround duty.

Thanks for your opinion on offerings from episode, or others.

I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
hi in-the-industry - you seem pretty familiar with this company.

Any opinion / recommendation on their in-ceiling designs? My main choice right now is the KEF ci160.2 QR (a smallish 6.5" woofer 2 way design) as ceiling rafters limit my cut out to 7 and 3/4 inches. purpose : surround duty.

Thanks for your opinion on offerings from episode, or others.
I am a dealer of both brands so, yep, pretty familiar! What are your main speakers in the rest of your system?

S

scott911

Full Audioholic
axiom audio's M60 - in-cabinet model.

surrounds will be in-ceiling units - mounted into an upward sloping ceiling. All driven by an intergrated reciever with Trinniv room correction.

I'm lookig forward to your iput!

woofersus

woofersus

Audioholic
I carry the brand also, but have yet to hear any of the in-wall Episode speakers so I can't really comment other than that I have been fairly impressed with the other SnapAV in-house brands. (the vast majority of my business is online - I mostly carry SnapAV for accessories and installation products when I do local installation work) Nice to see them getting some love though.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Have you guys used or listened to their 700 series monitors? I just got a pair and I'm pretty impressed by them. I haven't been a big fan of metal dome tweeters but I think some of the peakiness should soften over time. Overall, I think they're a really good value. Not using any EQ, just my subwoofer, which I occasionally turn off to get a feel for how well the low end handles the various sounds I throw at them. Human voice is very natural, drums have good impact and they do a nice job of filling the room, although they're not as sensitive as the ones I have been building. They blend very well with my Jamo subwoofer, which isn't surprising since the designer worked at Jamo for many years.

Oh, yeah- the fit and finish are spectacular for expensive speakers, but they're very reasonably priced. Piano black, flawless.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis