Want 3D Without the Glasses? Just Blink Real Fast!

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
OK, so some of you love 3D and hate it... but I think we can all agree that no matter how bulky glasses are or aren't, they are much preferred to hooking up electrodes to your head and forcing your eyes to flutter at 60 cycles per second... at least that's what I would hope you would say. In this YouTube video Jonathan Post showcases his new invention: a system that allows you to watch 3D TV without "glasses". He puts two small devices on the sides of his head, presumably electrodes with some kind of power supply - similar to those exercise electrodes used to cause small muscle spasms on purpose. The supposed electrodes than cause his eyes to blink in rapid succession, timed perfectly to the required frequency (we'd guess 60Hz) of the television. The big overhanging question of course, is whether or not this guy is simply a master blinker, or if this is truly the worst invention of 2011 - watch it and judge for yourselves...

Discuss "Want 3D Without the Glasses? Just Blink Real Fast!" here. Read the article.

K

kevon27

Annoying Poster
Dude, this is so old now.. Are you using dial-up internet?
This has been around for weeks. Broadband dude, broadband.:D

But.. I still crack up every time I watch this video.. Super creepy but yet funny.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
That is probably the BEST looking version of glasses 3D that is going to be available for years to come. People are so hung up on the concept that auto-stereoscopic displays are in any way possible in a practical sense.

I've seen nothing that indicates that they are in any way that looks better than junk, even from the best viewing positions. VHS quality for $12,000... Yay! And that is ONLY if you are standing right on the 'X' and have your head in the perfect position.

I will keep repeating it until someone comes up with something amazing that proves me wrong. I look FORWARD to that actually happening.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
LOL - my eyes were getting exhausted just watching that guy.... :eek::eek:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah. I saw that a while ago. That must feel so weird.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Well, at least he won't have girly-man eye lids!

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Ahahahahhaah... poor fella looked like we was having a siezure.

Last edited:
Kennydee

Kennydee

Junior Audioholic
TOO FUNNY!!! b.. b.. b.. but this must be a joke right? Right?!?!?!

Nahhhh... must be a joke.

morrone

morrone

Enthusiast
Haha!

It isn't April 1st...artivle listed under "Industry news"...written pretty seriously...

I think you've fallen for the joke.

digicidal

digicidal

Full Audioholic
I cannot put into words my hope that this catches on.
Because just watching this one guy made me LOL for nearly a full minute... and I think seeing my friends all gathered on the sofa looking like a choir of epilleptics at a rave would truly make my life complete.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis