Acer K11 LED DLP Pocket Projector First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
If you have salesmen that need to impress or if you are lacking a dedicated meeting room, a pocket projector is a must. The Acer K11 has a lot going for it. It's small, light, and portable, it's got an LED lamp which means you'll probably have to replace the projector before the lamp dies, and it is very reasonably priced. With an integrated speaker, HDMI input, and a focus on supporting all the different PC video outputs, the Acer K11 looks to be a trouble-free projector for the businessman (or woman) on the go.

Discuss "Acer K11 LED DLP Pocket Projector First Look" here. Read the article.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Interesting you put this here instead of in the projectors section. I think that these pocket projectors are starting to get enough lumens to make them a potential viable alternative for some people who are looking for the night-time only portable funnage.

FYI: The SD card slot is on the back at the bottom of the projector. If you look at the enlarged photo of the back, you can (somewhat) clearly see the card slot at the bottom of the back right on the back with 'SD' written right next to it. Pretty slick.

10+ years ago, before DLP and LCD when everyone used CRT projectors, you could expect about 200-300 lumens from the average $10,000 projector. This is what people used to create 80" images in their executive board rooms and high-end home theaters. Now, we are seeing things the size of about half a dozen CD cases stacked together putting out the many lumens and it blows me away.

I'm not a fan (AT ALL!) of Pico projectors, and even these pocket ones should not be destined for the home theater, but for a kids gaming room, a dorm room for the freshman headed off to college, or for the road traveller who wants to enjoy something bigger than the 30" display the hotel provides, this is a heck of an option!

It is nice to see the lumen count rising, and hopefully we will see more full size projectors which use larger LED engines to deliver 700+ real world lumens for pricing that remains reasonable.

Still, would be nice to see a full fledged review of this projector with some critical viewing and observations on sharpness and image uniformity with some different sources from SD cable to Blu-ray thrown at it... Maybe a PC presentation or two as well.

Let me know if you need help with that review! ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis