EMP Tek Impression Series E55Ti Tower Speakers First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We really like what we see with the new EMP Tek E55Ti Tower Speakers. This new entry into the Impression Series sure has impressed us. With a D'Appolito array for the midrange/high end, a vented dedicated woofer section, and a new outrigger for stabilization, EMP has addressed all of our issues with their earlier speaker offering. All this for under $800 street price? Where do we sign?

Discuss "EMP Tek Impression Series E55Ti Tower Speakers First Look" here. Read the article.

E

eddie

Junior Audioholic
Wow, I can't believe that I'm the first to comment on this. Have you actually had a chance to listen to them yet? If not, when do you plan to and is a review shortly following? I'd love to know how they compare to their smaller sibling. I would also like to know your impressions of the bookshelves and center channel in this series. Thanks.

RRocket6

Audiophyte
Is the Audioholics store going to offer free shipping on that awesome $795? Just curious. ;)

Personally, think that is a good price. Never heard these in person, but going by other reviews, don't think I could go wrong. For $795, it is not that much of a risk.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
If I didn't already have LCR+S that I love I'd be all over these. I just wish that they were a tad more efficient but they sure look great.

F

Flyinace2000

Junior Audioholic
JUST BOUGHT THEM.

Free shipping in the Audioholics store. Also got the center channel and the Velodyne Starfire-12 Subwoofer

Product Code Name Qty Price Each Item Total
101631 Chrysalis by Velodyne Starfire-12 Subwoofer
1 $369.00 $369.00
102489 EMP Impression E5Ci Center Channel Speaker (Black/each)
1 $220.00 $220.00
102676 EMP Impression E55Ti Tower Speakers (Black/pair)
1 $795.00 $795.00

I CAN"T WAIT!!!!

BEFORE

AFTER:
Photo after delivery!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Guys,

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is EMP is sending me their first pair for review. I plan on putting them up against a few hot internet direct speaker towers as I mentioned in another thread. This should be interesting.

The bad news is they have already sold 1/2 of their first production run of black cabinets to their international distributor. They are receiving numerous preorders right now. I fear by the time I publish my review, there may be a long lead time for ordering product. Just a heads up.

When I do my first listen, I will post my impressions (no pun intended) here.

F

Flyinace2000

Junior Audioholic
Guys,

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is EMP is sending me their first pair for review. I plan on putting them up against a few hot internet direct speaker towers as I mentioned in another thread. This should be interesting.

The bad news is they have already sold 1/2 of their first production run of black cabinets to their international distributor. They are receiving numerous preorders right now. I fear by the time I publish my review, there may be a long lead time for ordering product. Just a heads up.

When I do my first listen, I will post my impressions (no pun intended) here.
Do you know if the AudioHolic's store will ship soon?

Also on a related note. For my surrounds:

Klipsch S-1
or
ERD-1

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
For my surrounds:

Klipsch S-1
or
ERD-1
You may want to consider a more laid back speaker than the Klipsch since the EMP sound tends to be on the warmer side while Klipsch is more forward (not a bad thing).

I suggest looking at either Aperion Audio or Emotiva for their surrounds as I believe they will be a better match for the EMPs.

T

typh00n

Enthusiast
I was planning on getting these, although I wanted to see the comparison first.
The "(intro pricing at $795/pair)", is 795 really an intro pricing? The e5ti intro of $400, then went to $500, still a great deal. If these go up to a higher non-intro price, it would not be that much less than MSRP, not that I'm doubting these are a great deal.

Also, I had planned to go with E5Bi surrounds to keep with the same brand,
Flyinace2000, why are you not considering those?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
EMP really needs to add a wall mounted surround speaker like Emotiva, Aperion and Axiom, etc have. Its a challenge to use a 2-way bookshelf for a surround which you will either have to place on stands (which can be too low) or brackets (which tend to stick out too far for aesthetic appeal).

F

Flyinace2000

Junior Audioholic
Bookshelf speakers might actually be better for me. Look at my rear area. 2 largesets of built in bookshelves!

Might add a set of bookshelves.

I

Imitation

Audioholic Intern
Gene, do you know if those outrigger feet you mentioned will be available for people that bought the E5ti's already? I've got a feeling they wouldn't fit but I thought I'd ask anyway.

fightinkraut

fightinkraut

Full Audioholic
Gene, do you know if those outrigger feet you mentioned will be available for people that bought the E5ti's already? I've got a feeling they wouldn't fit but I thought I'd ask anyway.
I too would be very interested in the outrigger feet, providing they're affordable. I've looked into offerings from soundocity and the like, but the price is too prohibitive.

Right now my E5Ti's are sitting on the hardwood with no spikes, I would love a way to raise them up a bit and keep them sturdy, my toddler enjoys standing on a stool in front of them, grabbing the sides and dancing...it's only a matter of time before something falls. :eek:

T

typh00n

Enthusiast
I too would be very interested in the outrigger feet, providing they're affordable. I've looked into offerings from soundocity and the like, but the price is too prohibitive.

Right now my E5Ti's are sitting on the hardwood with no spikes, I would love a way to raise them up a bit and keep them sturdy, my toddler enjoys standing on a stool in front of them, grabbing the sides and dancing...it's only a matter of time before something falls. :eek:
No mention of price yet or if the size is different, but it did say:
Tom Andry said:
While these stabilization bars will be standard on the E55Tis, they will be offered as an add-on for the smaller E5Tis

F

Flyinace2000

Junior Audioholic
Just pulled the trigger on a set of EMP bookshelf speakers. Next purchase down the road will be a new reciever :-D

F

Flyinace2000

Junior Audioholic
FROM THE EMP SITE

PRE-ORDER NOTICE!
E55TiB BLACK ASH TOWER SPEAKERS
The E55TiB Black Ash Tower Speakers are currently available for pre-order. The estimated availability date is currently the week of March 15, 2010. You can continue to add a pair of E55TiB Black Ash Tower Speakers to your cart and secure the current introductory price by clicking the "Add to Cart" button below. By ordering during our pre-order period, your order will be among the first to ship when these highly popular speakers become available.

If, at any time during the pre-order period you wish to cancel your order, just let us know. We will refund 100% of your money and remove your order from our pre-order list - no questions asked.

Upon placing a pair of E55TiB Black Ash speakers in your cart using the link below, you will notice the words [pre-order] appear next to the product name on your order. This places your order and contact information in a special file, and we will keep you updated on the progress of your pre-order by e-mail.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Just pulled the trigger on a set of EMP bookshelf speakers. Next purchase down the road will be a new reciever :-D
Does your current receiver have pre-outs? I would opt for an amp over a receiver to drive these speaker. When I added an amp to my towers I heard a big difference.

M

miggs29

Audioholic
I was planning on getting these, although I wanted to see the comparison first.
The "(intro pricing at $795/pair)", is 795 really an intro pricing? The e5ti intro of $400, then went to $500, still a great deal. If these go up to a higher non-intro price, it would not be that much less than MSRP, not that I'm doubting these are a great deal.

Also, I had planned to go with E5Bi surrounds to keep with the same brand,
Flyinace2000, why are you not considering those?
If I were you, I would jump on this deal now. I have the smaller towers, C, and S and I love them. They are great speakers. I was a bit skeptical at first because I couldn't believe the price. The only regret that I have is that I can't buy the bigger towers because I just bought original ones.......

If I could I would.

Anyway get them. You will not be dissapointed.

T

typh00n

Enthusiast
After emailing EMP tek and the two above posts, I am convinced to go ahead and get them now. I figure I can read the review later, and in the unlikely chance another speaker is significantly better at a similar price, I can take advantage of EMP's 30-day Risk Free Trial. Though Gene's review is 3-4 weeks away

I am just worried I'll get the center and surrounds, then have to sit around without towers until they ship. Planning to get a SVS or elemental design sub to go with them.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Though Gene's review is 3-4 weeks away
no my samples getting here are 3-4 weeks away. The review will take me about 1 month to complete. I will however post my initial impressions here once I get them to let people know how they sound. My brother is dying to bring him Axiom M60v2s over to see if they will beat them or at least match their performance.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis