Apple Wants to DRM Your Shoes, Next Up, Apple Users

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Apple is once again unhappy that people want to do with the goods and services they paid for as they please and not as Apple intended, the Cupertino CA based company intends to develop and patent electronic control of what kind of shoes can be used with the Nike + iPod Sports Kit. So, after Steve & Co locks down control of every Apple product, what’s next? It would seen that all that’s would be left are Apple users.

Discuss "Apple Wants to DRM Your Shoes, Next Up, Apple Users" here. Read the article.

T

TheD

Enthusiast
Hmm.......

I do hope that Jobs dies and apple falls to bits.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I love my Mac but hate the company. Steve Jobs is a greedy bastard......:eek:

Well, everybody dies... As for the company falling to bits - I've told every one of my friends to get out of Apple now. Most have already made ridiculous amounts of money. Why stay in until it collapses when they once again flounder for direction?

My prediction is that when SJ passes on (could be thirty years or thirty months, who knows) the company will either start playing it safe (simple updates to the existing line) or experimenting with new devices that don't pass muster. Ultimately the company won't be as successful because he's such a personality and apparently an opinionated SOB.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
the good news for all you haters out there is that nobody is forcing you to buy a single thing from Apple. Of course, I am sure that you are paranoid that Uncle Steve is developing something that will cause THAT to happen as well....

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I've never owned an Apple product. I guess I don't intend to start now.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I've never owned an Apple product. I guess I don't intend to start now.
Same here, and at the present rate I never will. Just imagine the temptation I must face working as a pawnbroker, all the iPods and BOSE products that pass right under my nose.:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
My next laptop will probably be a Mac product... sigh.
Why the sigh, Clint? Don't worry about it at all. I'm quite happy with my MacBook, and both of my brothers use the pro versions for work and love them. They are nicely designed, and they'll even run windows (XP for ya, as it seems you aren't a fan of Vista). I got my parents an Air, and that thing is slick. The Air has a specific target audience, but what it was supposed to do, it does well. I thought it was all hype until a used it - quite nice.

I use Windows all of the time, and I have no issues with it. I have yet to meet a PC laptop that can touch the design of a Mac, though. Doesn't mean that they aren't out there! Just that I haven't seen one. At least that I can remember. I'm usually pretty tired... :)

A

AdrianMills

Full Audioholic
Hmm.......

Nice.

The fact is that Jobs is an innovative genius and the consumer electronics industry owes a lot his vision.

That Apple try get as much money off of their customers as possible and try to control their product, well, that's their prerogative according to that pesky American market freedom, capitalist whatchamathingy.

As for his death. Well, the reason why Apple's shares dropped drastically when it was announced that he had pancreatic cancer is because it's always fatal. When I read about it a few years ago, the longest anyone had lived after diagnosis was 5 years. My mother died from it and it was a horrible way to go.

I for one will be sad when the world loses a mind like his.

And no, I don't own any Apple products.

Senior Audioholic
Hardware lockouts is why I will never own a Apple product.

Funny when the talk of "Trusted Computing Initiative" was started years ago. Everyone was so up in arms and worried that Microsoft is going to be telling people what they can and can't do with their computer.

Apple computer are built using the Trusted Computing Initiative hardware. Only Apple approved and "trusted" hardware and software can be used...

But none of the Apple fanboy's see anything wrong with that...:rolleyes:

A

AdrianMills

Full Audioholic
Hardware lockouts is why I will never own a Apple product.

Funny when the talk of "Trusted Computing Initiative" was started years ago. Everyone was so up in arms and worried that Microsoft is going to be telling people what they can and can't do with their computer.

Apple computer are built using the Trusted Computing Initiative hardware. Only Apple approved and "trusted" hardware and software can be used...

But none of the Apple fanboy's see anything wrong with that...:rolleyes:
There are pros and cons to these types of controls but that's the beauty of a free competitive market; you pay your money and take your choice.

At least now there's a choice, a pretty limited one admittedly compared to the 80's when there were more types of home computer than you could shake a stick at. Still, it's better than it would be if there were only one choice - and really, please no one try to tell that there's any real difference between Dell, HP, etc, etc, etc. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis