Is this an audio forum?

M

Melisma

Enthusiast
I see a lot of action in the steam vent forum. More than any other category, probably. I also see the same half dozen members being responsible for all posting there and for a good percentage of all other threads.

Is the reason for this in order to game hits to the site, reinforce boring opinions among the like minded to endlessly agree with one another or, to make it nearly impossible for me to investigate actual audio related content without digging through the noise of unrelated and specious posting.

Do you want this on an audio forum?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Duh, of course its an audio forum. Is it a typically goofy one with a big circle jerk about snake oil type products or some magical experiences, no, not so much.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Is the reason for this in order to game hits to the site, reinforce boring opinions among the like minded to endlessly agree with one another or, to make it nearly impossible for me to investigate actual audio related content without digging through the noise of unrelated and specious posting.
Lol, how so, as the forum is a forum, with sub forums for all your particular needs? There is no reason for you to wade through anything and if you're looking for something specific there's a search function. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Is the reason for this in order to game hits to the site, reinforce boring opinions among the like minded to endlessly agree with one another
Yes.

Once you figure out the truth, being like minded with other right minded people follows.

What's specious, Troll? Tell me that, now that you made me look up the word.

You know any other big words?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Got let out of time out and need something to do?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the OP might show up, especially if a circle jerk was involved.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes.

Once you figure out the truth, being like minded with other right minded people follows.

What's specious, Troll? Tell me that, now that you made me look up the word.

You know any other big words?
He could have used spurious......

M

Melisma

Enthusiast
It looks like I got 4 out the 6 forever members to waste their time commenting. I rest my case.

Anyway, I just noticed the "review" for the hd 490 here. Usually we get a warning that it is a preview of coming attractions with nothing other than a boilerplate cut and paste manufacturers blurb. Now it seems you have the nerve to call the same info an actual review with no sign of even subjective opinions let alone a single measurement. Even Rtings have a real review, probably the last place I would think of going for info other than for a tv.

In all seriousness, you can't be considering in any possible way that what I say is answerable.
If you are saying you did a review then do a real review. This is about as pathetic as it gets.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
It looks like I got 4 out the 6 forever members to waste their time commenting. I rest my case.

Anyway, I just noticed the "review" for the hd 490 here. Usually we get a warning that it is a preview of coming attractions with nothing other than a boilerplate cut and paste manufacturers blurb. Now it seems you have the nerve to call the same info an actual review with no sign of even subjective opinions let alone a single measurement. Even Rtings have a real review, probably the last place I would think of going for info other than for a tv.

In all seriousness, you can't be considering in any possible way that what I say is answerable.
If you are saying you did a review then do a real review. This is about as pathetic as it gets.
You're not just a troll, you're an idiot if you can't figure out the article is a preview especially with the disclaimer at the bottom of the article:

"Unless otherwise indicated, this is a preview article for the featured product. A formal review may or may not follow in the future. "

M

Melisma

Enthusiast
Latest Review

image_feature.jpg

The Sennheiser HD 490 PRO: A $400 Open-Back Headphone Reference?

Sennheiser’s new HD 490 PRO ($400) reference studio headphone is an open-backed model designed for audio professio

Now I have to read the fine print to know an advertisement or product placement when I see it?

If these featured articles aren't monetized then just say so.

About me being an idiot, that's neither here nor there. The point is, with very little effort I have managed to goad you into name calling of one of your (hopefully soon ex-) forum members proving you have no sense of professionalism and puts you in good company with the likes of Amir and Eric A., when a difference of opinion crops up those sociopathic tendencies spill over quicker than you have a chance to think twice.

Banning me from the site for how many days is as dumb as it gets. If it isn't obvious what my opinion of you and your forum are you should have had the sense to cancel my membership immediately, unless you have masochistic tendencies, as well and need me to prove this is an on the take audio site.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Latest Review

View attachment 67395
Sennheiser’s new HD 490 PRO ($400) reference studio headphone is an open-backed model designed for audio professio

Now I have to read the fine print to know an advertisement or product placement when I see it?

About me being an idiot, that's neither here nor there. The point is, with very little effort I have managed to goad you into name calling of one of your (hopefully soon ex-) forum members proving you have no sense of professionalism and puts you in good company with the likes of Amir and Eric A., when a difference of opinion crops up those sociopathic tendencies spill over quicker than you have a chance to think twice.

Banning me from the site for how many days is as dumb as it gets. If it isn't obvious what my opinion of you and your forum are you should have had the sense to cancel my membership immediately, unless you have masochistic tendencies, as well and need me to prove this is an on the take audio site.
No, we just like people to dig a bigger hole. I note you have an oversized shovel.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Latest Review

View attachment 67395

Enjoy a permanent ban from Audioholics forum. You won't be missed.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis