LCD and DLP Projector Updates - Mostly Incremental

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
LCD and DLP projectors received mostly incremental updates this year. Both DLP and LCD didn't particularly impress us with anything that was incredibly visual or outstanding beyond current models, but everything seemed to get a little tweak, including some impressive LCoS models. Everyone, including me was hoping for a showing of LED front projection technology, but since neither DLP, Texas Instruments, or the people behind PhatLight didn't have a booth this year, the only LED demo was an off-site OEM demo by a Chinese manufacturer named Chilin.

Discuss "LCD and DLP Projector Updates - Mostly Incremental" here. Read the article.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
I'm not sure what constitutes incremental vs HUGE, but I like what I'm seeing. :D The pixel shift and price point for the Sony's seem nice, I like that JVC is now including Reon, and motorized shift at the "mid-level". Panny looks to be significantly brighter. :) The 2000U was already known to be a quiet PJ, and its neat to see Sony drop the noise floor even further...

Mine is loud-ish, with manual zoom, no Reon, 700 lumens. ;) I LOVE it, but some of these "incremental" bonuses would be nice. :D

B

Bluesmoke

Audioholic Chief
Mine has Reon, manual lens shift, 1100lum and pretty loud, but cost me $849. :D

Oh, the projector is a BenQ W500. Not up to Super Star Destroyer specs but it's good enough for lil'ol me for the time being.... :eek:

Mine has Reon, manual lens shift, 1100lum and pretty loud, but cost me $849.
Isn't that incredible? This is a good place to be for projector aficionados.

The projector news would have been considered HUGE had even one manufacturer demoed an actual LED-driven system.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis