HDtracks Launches DRM-Free HD Music Downloads

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Announcing the Launch of HDtracks.com, The Web’s Premier High Resolution Music Store Created by renowned audio pioneers David and Norman Chesky, HDtracks.com is the world's first high resolution digital music site offering DRM-free music in multiple formats, as well as cover art and complete liner notes.

Discuss "HDtracks Launches DRM-Free HD Music Downloads" here. Read the article.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
It's cool that you get a pdf of the printed material and that they will eventually offer 96/24 Flac downloads, but their selection is pretty limited. Some of those albums are so old that the only reason I've ever heard about them is because my Grandmother can't stop talking about them. :p

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
"HD Music Downloads"? Not Quite Yet...

The fact that they don't offer any "HD" tracks right out of the gate is kind of like a popcorn fart of a release. I can get CD quality, DRM-free tracks lots of places as it stands. As for HD audio, that's not so readily available and would be a welcome sight/site.

I'd love to see something like this flourish as I'm sure many hi-res music fans here would as well. When they actually offer the "HD Music Downloads", then I'll be interested. Until then, they're just another "me too"... -TD

D

Dezoris

Audioholic
Good info I will keep an eye on that site for future releases.

BobMac

BobMac

Enthusiast
I love the idea of lossless downloads, but where's the stuff I want? Oh, yeah...Piratebay.

davidtwotrees

davidtwotrees

Audioholic General
Chesky is a big name in the recording business......what is different here than what is offered at MusicGiants? And does it sound like dvd-a is still alive?!

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
I can attest that while the offering from Chesky is somewhat small; what is offered is superior in quality (as compared to what you get in the "new releases" selection - at any store). The recordings I own from Chesky are top notch and there's no crap offered (quality wise). The offerings are in the lines of: Jazz, Blues, Swing and Classical.

It is what it is: pure music, the sound is untouched in feel and carefully selected.

Enjoy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis