The Departed HD DVD Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Departed is a film that captured our attention for several reasons. First off, as an Academy Award winner it stood out for its apparent merit as a film. Secondly, the number of A-list actors in the film are mind-blowing and I knew the film would be enjoyable regardless of plot due to the sheer presence of the talent on the screen. The last reason we chose this disc was due to the fact that surely for such an eventful film as a Scorsese masterpiece the audio and video quality must have been meticulously attended to in the mastering process to HD DVD.

Discuss "The Departed HD DVD Review" here. Read the article.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think the Departed hype got the better of me because I was disappointed when I finally watched it for the first time. I did enjoy it, but I only gave it 3 out of 5 stars. I thought it was a bit of a snoozefest..... (save for the last third of the movie)

It did end with a flurry:)

J

jake5717

Audioholic
I agree with Buckeye. I didnt care much for the movie.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
I thought it was okay, but any movie with Leonardo (who would be better suited fronting a boy band) loses a few stars in my reviews....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought Leo did fairly well, but he was the main reason why I didn't go see this in the theater... I agree, it was a bit over hyped, but wasn't a bad flick. It was pretty much what I expected from Scorsese, which was my only problem with it.

N

ned

Full Audioholic
I encourage you to watch the original Trilogy Infernal Affairs. IMHO, the story line as miles away from the Departed.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Someone else said that too...I'll have to check it out.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
Doesn't compare to "Heat", but it was better than most. :)

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
But Heat had DeNiro and Pacino in it, so naturally it's gonna be better.
This is true. One could also argue that "Heat" did not get a single Academy Award nomination (let alone win), therefore it would also naturally be better...:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis