My X800 is saying out of range.

• Thread starter cameron paterson
  • Start date
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
My X800 has sound with a blu ray but no video. It says "out of range". I tried a different HDMI cable and a different HDMI on the receiver says same thing still. I almost want to just buy a Panny UB820 and forget about this!

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
There are two hdmi Outputs one is for video and audio. The other is just audio

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hmmm.

Out of range makes me wonder if you are trying to play a disc from a different region?

Or, if there is a resolution or refresh rate mis-match. What is your AVR and/or TV?

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
My avr is Denon x3400. My tv is a vizio p series. If you wish to utilize the 2 hdmi output the hdmi marked audio only goes from the x800 to avr Blu-ray Hdmi slot. Then the one marked video and audio goes directly to tv. Be sure to have your tv input on the corresponding hdmi slot. Then make sure your avr input is on the blu/ray input. If you wish to run one hdmi select the video and audio hdmi Output run to avr and let the avr send it to the tv.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I think I would search the owners thread for that projector at AVS Forum.

The Denon and Sony are not likely to be the problem.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What unit displays "out of range"? I searched the X800 manual for the phrase out of range and got zip. What disc are you testing with?

C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
All kinds of blu ray discs wont play. My avr is the Denon X4400H and theprojector is the BenQ HT2050 until i get my BenQ LK970. It just started happeneing not long after i hooked up this projector. Also just tried PJ straight to blu ray and still out of range so its the PJ for sure right? Projector says out of range btw. Its my last projector its probably a year and a half old.

Last edited:
C

cameron paterson

Audioholic Chief
Ok getting my second BenQ LK970 in a few days so hopefully this time the LK970 will work right! The 4k HDMI wasnt working on the last LK970.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis