My What A Nice Rack

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Nice Rack

This is my system. I only just completed installing everything in a homemade rack. The TV which in not shown is a Zenith 37" Tube. The speakers, also not shown consist of Sapphire SBs (Front R&L), Mirage Omni 7s (front R&L), Mirage Omni Center, Yamaha NS-10MMT (surrounds, surround backs, and presence), Two Yamaha YST-SW315 subs. Thirteen Speakers in all, powered by a Yamaha RX-V1400 and 6 amps.

Left Column from the top to bottom
1 - Hosa Patch Bay
2 - Vestax MR66 6 track cassette recorder/mixer
3 - Tascam 122 Mk III Cassette Deck
4 - ART 351 31 band 1/3 Octave Graphic Equalizer
5 - Behringer CX3400 Active Crossover (Not doing anything at the moment)
6 - Signal Meter, homemade LED meter to observe the output from two of the Alesis RA150 AMPS
7 - Fan Unit, it is homemade and powered from the Power Supply. There are 6 of these in the rack
8 - Alesis RA150 AMP
9 - Fan Unit
10 - Alesis RA150 AMP
11 - Fan Unit
12 - Alesis RA300 AMP

Center Column from the top to bottom
13 - Tascam 414 4 track cassette recorder/mixer
14 - Pioneer Elite DV45A DVD Player, SACD and DVD-Audio too.
15 - Vestax HDR 6, digital 6 track recorder/mixer
16 - Yamaha RX-V1400
17 - Alto 4 channel Headphone Amp
18 - BSR EQ3000 10 Band Graphic Equalizer and Spectrum Analyzer
19 - Power Supply, Regulated 12 Volt DC, 5 amp DIY for the fans, meters, and Tascam mixer.
20 - Monster HTS5100 Power conditioner
21 - ART 403 Power Conditioner with volt and amp meters. Everything runs through this so that I know how much current I'm drawing.
22 - Tripplite LCR-2400 Line conditioner. Keeps everything running smooth even during Brown outs.

Right Column from the top to bottom
23 - JVC VCR
24 - SONY DVD player/recorder
25 - SONY CD player/recorder
26 - ART 351 31 band 1/3 Octave Graphic Equalizer
27 - Behringer CX3400 Active Crossover(Not doing anything at the moment)
28 - Signal Meter
29 - Fan Unit
30 - Alesis RA150 AMP
31 - Fan Unit
32 - Alesis RA150 AMP
33 - Fan Unit
34 - Alesis RA300 AMP

Attachments

Last edited:
J

jzac

Audioholic
Uh..huh...

Holy smoke! Don't tell me you have all this setup in an apartment now! :D That many amps and spearkers! Mudcat... looks to me like you have some serious gear going there... enjoy. Watch out for hearing loss! ;) Is the V1400 handling it well?

U

Unregistered

Vestax MR66

I see you have a Vestax MR66 in your rig.

Do you have a manual for this baby? I've been searching high and low for a copy. Any chance you could photocopy it for me and pop it in the post? I'll gladly cover your expenses.

Nice rig by the way, very tasty.

Regards,
Leroy Pimpdaddy.

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
MR66 Manual

In pdf. send your email and I'll email it. I also have a Vestax HDR6 and the manual (which is rarer than a diamond). Anyway, since the pdf is of poor quality, I've been converting it to WORD with new pictures and diagrams. I'm almost done ( I only have the spec section to go - but I can only work on it in my spare time; which is much rarer, and a whole lot more valuable than a diamond.

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
$$$$$

I've got to start charging for these. I did not know there were so many of you out there.

U

Unregistered

vestax manual

Same Q...... anybody got a vestax mr66 manual?

S

spenny

Audioholic Intern
how much juice is that drawing exactly??
assuming you're running on 110V as well so the current is going to be nice and high...

nice system though!
:D

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
About 1.2 to 1.6 amps at idle (all amps, Yamaha, TV, and one source - DVD or CD or VCR turned on but not playing anything).

Up to 5 amps depending on volume (-20 dB) with the fans running. It peaked at 7.6 amps during a brown out, but the Tripplite LCR2400 keep voltage at 123 when there was a dip to 85 or so.

I've never had everything on at once so I do not know what that will do.

S

spenny

Audioholic Intern
heheh... what are the maximum wattage figures for all of those components?
add them up and divide by your voltage (sorry if you already know this) and then look at the figure.

should be quite disturbing.
;)

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
spenny said:
heheh... what are the maximum wattage figures for all of those components?
add them up and divide by your voltage (sorry if you already know this) and then look at the figure.

should be quite disturbing.
;)

Why would it be disturbing? It's probably only a little more (due to amp efficiency) than any other 7.1 system being driven by a single amp. Since I do not listen at reference levels (0 dB), I'm most likely using only a small fraction of amp horsepower. Without the fans (which I turn on only when I'm finished listening/watching/or I see something melting), the system uses about 3.5 amps (420 watts) and most of that is the TV. When listening to music with the TV off, total power consumption is only about 200- 250 watts. Not at all disturbing. But, I can crank it if I wanted to.

X

xanitar1

Audiophyte
vestax mr66 manual

Hi my name is james and I just got a vestax mr 66 as well with no manual. would you please be so kind as to send me a copy of it as well.
thanks a million
my email is xanitar1@charter.net
thanks again

Sleeepy

Audiophyte
I just came home with this baby as well =) bought it used for about 500$ and i cant wait to get it tuned :D

But the previous owner threw away the manual so im kinda stuck.
I checked out the yamaha.se site and tired to download the users manual there, but all i get is "the file is damaged and cant be downloaded" :mad:

Cant seem to find an alternative place where the manual can be downloaded :confused:

Any chanse u could mail the .pdf to me Mudcat? I will be teh happiest owner of the RX-V1400 here in oslo if u do :cool:

Many thanks

Norwegian HiFi-nub (trying to get better:p )

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Dear Noob's

please ensure you LOOK at the date of the last post, before you post in it.:)

Otherwise, welcome to the forum;) If you need a manual do a google search, then enter the product make an model number, see what comes up:).

Last edited:
Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
When I saw the title of this thread, I had to check it out. Very nice!:D

A

Alexxus

Enthusiast
Blimey :eek: Your setup looks like Star Trek to me, only it's a tad more complicated than Enterprise's control room :p

Absolutely awesome rig mate, congrats :D

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Blimey :eek: Your setup looks like Star Trek to me, only it's a tad more complicated than Enterprise's control room :p

Absolutely awesome rig mate, congrats :D
"Uhura, open the hailing frequencies." :D

I see a few, sorry more than a few Alesis RA150 and RA300 in those racks. I plan to go with a 19” professional Samson racks towards the end of the year, but I need to the Alesis RA300 together first and one Alesis RA500, or maybe two?

Z

zphillips

Audiophyte
vestax mr66 manual

i know it's been years but does anyone have a mr66 manual?
thanks!
zach
zphillips at gmail

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis