Balanced Audio Technology VK-P5 Tube phono preamp
Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval XLR Interconnects
Analysis Plus Oval 9 Speaker Cables

Pictures will be forthcoming !

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
PICS PICS PICS...

They should make it a rule that you can't post your system without pics, although you will be posting pics.:)

Good stuff though! Money pit is right. I hope the cables didn't cost alot, cause if they did, you got hosed...

SheepStar

Khorn

Khorn

Audioholic Intern
Sheep said:
PICS PICS PICS...

They should make it a rule that you can't post your system without pics,

SheepStar
Why? Not everyone has a digital camera. Most people know what equipment looks like anyway. I think posting your system is to give everyone an idea of "where you are coming from" when discussing the sound quality of recordings and such. Obviously, someone listening to a boom box probably can't hear into a recording as well as if listening through a reasonably decent component system.

liquidsound

liquidsound

Audiophyte
"The Money Pit"...Saga

Thanks, Khorn...

I'm assuming your screen name ties you to Klipsch or some type of horn-loaded speakers... I had a pair of Klipsch Belles and sold them two years ago. Now, I wish I still had them !
I have some pic's of my present system, however, like you, you don't need a pic to understand what's there... My system has come together very well so far, and the most important "component" has been the ROOM ! If you don't get this right, nothing you put in will sound good... (In my opinion)...

LS...

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
Khorn said:
Why? Not everyone has a digital camera. Most people know what equipment looks like anyway. I think posting your system is to give everyone an idea of "where you are coming from" when discussing the sound quality of recordings and such. Obviously, someone listening to a boom box probably can't hear into a recording as well as if listening through a reasonably decent component system.
I think Sheep is referring to the fact that this area is called Member Systems Gallery which implies pictures...

Matt34

Matt34

edwelly said:
I think Sheep is referring to the fact that this area is called Member Systems Gallery which implies pictures...

....and if your fairly new to this hobby(like myself) it's nice to put a "face" with the talked about components.:D

Khorn

Khorn

Audioholic Intern
Maybe there should be a space in the profile area for people to list their systems. IMHO it gets tiresome to see systems listed over and over again in the sigs each time people post. I guess I mean that I see enough pics of equipment in mags like Stereophile and, unless someone has some really unusual equipment or one of those exotic 100K+ systems that most can only dream about, I don't get the point. Again, the above is only my opinion.

M

mfabien

Senior Audioholic
Signature file should be used to list equipment. No need for posts with listings.

Pictures are nice when the overall setup is attractive. But a bunch of components all cramped together against a wall is not very interesting.

Of course, not many can introduce us to their exotic room like we see on this linked page:

http://www.exoticaudio.org/PAGE39b.html

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
the reason I like to see pictures is that where I live, there really isn't any "high end" and the mid level stuff isn't in great numbers. One shop sells Sony, PSB and B&W.The other shop sells Paradigm, Def. Tech and Klipsch. So for me, I love to see other peoples equipment and how they have it set up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis