My Simple Home Theater

A

avri

Audiophyte
Dear Admin,

I am new to home theater matters, and I would like to ask for a correct setup settings to be applied for (e.g. center level adjustment, Subwoofer level adjustment, speaker config, levels and crossover) for my below home theater equipment. For now I am just depending to Audyssey Setup with little adjustment according to adjustment seen in youtube :cool::)

AVR - Marantz SR5014 7.2CH
POWER AMPLIFIER - Outlaw Model 5000 Five Channel Amplifier
SPEAKERS - Klipsch R-625FA Dolby Atmos Front Floor standing;
Klipsch RP-404C Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch RP-402S Surround Speakers
SUBWOOFERS - Klipsch R-100SW 10"
SVS PB-1000 10"

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There is no way to tell you what trim level settings you should use. They vary based on speakers' sensitivity, distance from your listening position primarily. Audyssey until you have alternative gear should be fine. I wouldn't trust a youtube video particularly, tho....plenty of good threads around on setting up Audyssey, tho. You can always make changes after Audyssey to taste, too....for example many like a little bump on the sub trim level....

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Dear Admin,

I am new to home theater matters, and I would like to ask for a correct setup settings to be applied for (e.g. center level adjustment, Subwoofer level adjustment, speaker config, levels and crossover) for my below home theater equipment. For now I am just depending to Audyssey Setup with little adjustment according to adjustment seen in youtube :cool::)

AVR - Marantz SR5014 7.2CH
POWER AMPLIFIER - Outlaw Model 5000 Five Channel Amplifier
SPEAKERS - Klipsch R-625FA Dolby Atmos Front Floor standing;
Klipsch RP-404C Center Channel Speaker
Klipsch RP-402S Surround Speakers
SUBWOOFERS - Klipsch R-100SW 10"
SVS PB-1000 10"
First, that's not a 'entry level' setup. Entry level would be a home theater in a box kit or something similar. We certainly see people with soundbars who talk about their 'home theater' setup as well.

Your surround system with external amplifier and decent speakers is a lot nicer than 99% of the world has. Don't sell yourself short on it.

A good thing to keep in mind is the computer algorithms for sound level measurements are incredibly good. The room balancing software has been tweaked over the years to get it to a very high level of accuracy. This is not something that can be easily bested by most consumers.

Certainly, at the end of the day, you should tweak your settings from 'factory recommended' to what you most enjoy. What is 'correct' is not what the factory tells you is correct, but what you like the most. That's ALWAYS the rule! Calibrated perfection does not mean your ears, or eyes, are happiest. Don't compromise your personal preference for what someone else says is their personal preference.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
@avri , I would say your listings are quite adequate.

I have bookshelf speakers as my room is 10 X 10. The 55", 4K, UHD, HDR TV, with stationed adjustable bed, my viewing distance is 7.5 feet.

I have 5.1 surround, with bookshelf Klipsch L/R and Center, coupled with Polk S20 surrounds. Sub is 10" Klipsch, 150W, which gain[volume] is at 1/4. I use the 7.1 Denon AVR unit with auto speaker set-up. As example.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis