My Samsung tv is supporting Dolby Digital??? Need expert help

D

Da1nonly0015

Audiophyte
So I have a 2015 Samsung UN65JU7100 UHD 3d tv, I turn on the uhd color function and all my connected device work in this mode except 4k capable devices (xbox 1s and Lg Ubk90 4k player). I have seen others say that the xbox works in this mode but not sure if they have a newer version samsung tv or not. I have contacted samsung and they stated that UHD color only works for apps and streaming to upscale. I dont believe this to be true from all that I have researched but could be wrong. Maybe I am not fully sure what the UHD color is truly doing. My switch, Wii U and comcast box all work in uhd color but know they do not display 4k content so I believe that is why. Both xbox and 4k player i have high speed hdmi cable to that support up to 21gbps so that shouldnt be an issue. So here is the real kicker. I cannot get a single image on my tv in uhd color mode when on my xbox 1, I can turn on uhd color while playing a 4k movie on the Lg player and see a picture quality/color change if the movie is paused so something is happening but if I go to the home menu on the LG player the screen goes black until I switch out of UHD color and then the home menu is displayed. So the LG player will work in UHD color only as long as a 4k movie is currently playing, however here is the biggest kicker that supposedly is not even suppose to happen, the only way that images are being displayed from the LG player while in UHD color mode is if it is playing a Dolby Digital enabled disc. Any other 4k disc will not display any image, the screen remains black. So what in the heck is going on, obviously it is not truly playing in dolby digital but why am I only able to play dolby digital discs in this mode and is the UHD color mode even functioning properly or am I missing something. Any expert advice or help is greatly appreciated.

D

Da1nonly0015

Audiophyte
There currently is that supports hdcp 2.2 on the input and output channels that I am running the xbox and 4 player on, however I have ran the hdmi directly to the tv with the same results to rule out the onkyo reciever. As well as have tried all the inputs on the tv with the same results as I am able to turn on uhd color on all 4 hdmi ports. I have tried everything under the sun I can think off, I have updated the tv to the latest version per samsung via USB as well as factory reset, all devices connected are all updated to the latest versions as well

D

Da1nonly0015

Audiophyte
Arc is turned off and disabled. It was conflicting with my avr and changing the inputs on the receiver and causing my gf to go nuts so I disabled it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis