My replies to PMs may be tardy this month.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
As I think many of you know, I was diagnosed with a Gleason Grade 7 prostate cancer, localized in March.

Because of an extensive past surgical history, I am not a candidate for surgery. So I have elected to go with a short course of intensive proton beam radiation at Mayo Clinic.

Because of the Covid 19 pandemic elective procedures were cancelled, and only allowed to restart a little over two weeks ago. So there was inevitable delay.

On Monday I will have out patient surgical placement of an absorbent protective rectal shield, and carbon markers placed in the prostate. Three days later I will have extensive simulation with CT scan and an MRI for treatment planning. On June 22 I will start the first of five intensive proton beam radiation treatments ending on July 1.

I have been alerted to significant side effects during this treatment. So if I'm tardy with any replies that will be the explanation.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I'm praying everything goes well I wish you all the best

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Good luck. I had to google what a gleason grade was. Apparently there are two forms of gleason grade 7 cancer. Here's hoping you have the less aggressive form!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
As I think many of you know, I was diagnosed with a Gleason Grade 7 prostate cancer, localized in March.

Because of an extensive past surgical history, I am not a candidate for surgery. So I have elected to go with a short course of intensive proton beam radiation at Mayo Clinic.

Because of the Covid 19 pandemic elective procedures were cancelled, and only allowed to restart a little over two weeks ago. So there was inevitable delay.

On Monday I will have out patient surgical placement of an absorbent protective rectal shield, and carbon markers placed in the prostate. Three days later I will have extensive simulation with CT scan and an MRI for treatment planning. On June 22 I will start the first of five intensive proton beam radiation treatments ending on July 1.

I have been alerted to significant side effects during this treatment. So if I'm tardy with any replies that will be the explanation.
May You have a Speedy recovery! Wish you the very Best! Any Disease Specially the big C, isn't a thing anyone would what to have to deal with. My PSA level is high not sure if it may be the big C. My Urologist hasn't Decided on treatment yet. Doc take care of yourself. Your a Valued member on AH. Your Threads and post are a Valued asset on AH. Kick back put your feet up, fireup that system you have in your New Home and Enjoy! Best Wishes to You Doc and your family.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Good luck. I had to google what a gleason grade was. Apparently there are two forms of gleason grade 7 cancer. Here's hoping you have the less aggressive form!
Yes, 3 + 4 = 7.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thoughts are with you Mark.
I’ll make all of my posts in a British accent, in waiting your return.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Sending prayer/healings to you.
Love Love Love

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Best wishes & best of luck. And may all your protons be positive ;).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis