j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Tried out archery, ping pong and the sword fighting part of the sports game and it works quite well. Will need more games. They posted a bunch of move demos to mess with on PSN too. Downloading now... It feels more accurate than the wii, but I haven't tried the plus controllers. Most reviews said they were similar in performance. I like it so far.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Pong is pretty cool, but it is hard to really use back/top spin because you can't "feel" it, but the fact that you can do it at all is very nice. Volleyball was hard initially, but it does a few things automatically; all you have to do is aim. Archery is my favorite so far, but my arm gets tired pulling the arrows out of the quiver :) Bocce doesn't work great because you can't really utilize spin easily either, but it is interesting. Disc golf is goofy. Does that really exist? Seems kind of lame. The sword fighting game is hard with one controller; I should have ordered 2... It is easy to swing and hard to block :) Bowling would have been nice actually. The control feels quite accurate and natural compared to what you would really be doing and there is a LOT of potential here I think.

I tried the Tumble demo too. That one is very cool. Yes, it is sort of just stacking blocks, but it works well and is pretty entertaining. You also have "destruction" mode, where you strategically place mines to bring down a tower and score by how far things go. Control is very precise on this one and graphics are nice looking but simple.

N

Nugu

Audioholic
Because of the awkward street date of the Move it got shipped via 2 day from amazon.com Thursday but won't be here till monday since they used UPS. :(

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got mine from Amazon. I preordered around a month ago and they gave me free release day guaranteed shippin (which actually meant I got it a day early).

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Ordered the 'Sports Bundle' yesterday from Newegg, along with a 'pre-order' extra move. Those aren't available yet evidently?! Says 9/23. Are the moves sharable in the sports game, ie. 4 player/2 moves?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
The Patch for Move support will be available Wednesday Sept 22 for those that bought Heavy Rain prior to the Move Edition.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Patch for Move support will be available Wednesday Sept 22 for those that bought Heavy Rain prior to the Move Edition.
Was going to look it up because I figured it would have been out already. THX.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Just got my Move, got it charging. I did not get a USB charging cable with it, did you? Just curious, I got several laying around. Will give it a go here in a bit.:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No, I don't think it came with a cable. I have a PS3 charging brick so that I can charge two controllers without having to have the PS3 on.

B

bmurphy2121

Audioholic
So how do you guys like the Move? I have the Wii but never play it due to the lack of good games. I was thinkn of pickn up the Move but wasnt sure if it was worth it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It is worth it IMO, but there are basically only a few games for it right now. It is more or less similar games to what the Wii has just with a lot better graphics. The list of games that are coming out that will have Move support looks pretty promising. The accuracy seems like it will work out well for upcoming shooters. They've already showed it with the next SOCOM and it seems to work well.

The update for Heavy Rain still does not appear to be out and that is one of the games that I would really like to see if it works as well as had been shown at E3.

By Christmas, I would expect to see a lot more games with Move support.

Last edited:
B

bmurphy2121

Audioholic
j garcia do you have Heavy Rain? if not you need to pick it up any ways its def a bad *** game the only prob that im haviing is having the time to get into it vs a couple hrs here and there. what is so great about using the Move for Heavy Rain?

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Got to play with the MOVE last night. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Played a couple of the demos, SHOOT, TUMBLE and the Party one along with part of Sports Bundle {Bocci, Archery, Disc Golf and started training with volleyball} I found them all pretty entertaining, and looking forward to some friends to come over to try them out. Still waiting on the 2nd control which I pre-ordered, the 'order status' at Newegg now says 'out of stock'. Not sure whats going on there.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got to play with the MOVE last night. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Played a couple of the demos, SHOOT, TUMBLE and the Party one along with part of Sports Bundle {Bocci, Archery, Disc Golf and started training with volleyball} I found them all pretty entertaining, and looking forward to some friends to come over to try them out. Still waiting on the 2nd control which I pre-ordered, the 'order status' at Newegg now says 'out of stock'. Not sure whats going on there.
I figured this month the first round of Move controllers would sell out or come close.

That bowling game one PSN just added Move support also. Heavy Rain still has not.

B

bmurphy2121

Audioholic
I figured this month the first round of Move controllers would sell out or come close.

That bowling game one PSN just added Move support also. Heavy Rain still has not.
Got a couple of questions for you. #1. I got Heavy Rain when it first came out will I be able to use the Move with it? #2. what all will I need besides the starter pack that comes with the globe controler and the camera and the game for $99. Will I need the joystick controler too? I know the Wii you need the controler and the nunchuck to be able to play the games does this also hold true for the Move? Just wanted to know before I pick this up cause it is a little expensive vs the Wii stuff.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Got a couple of questions for you. #1. I got Heavy Rain when it first came out will I be able to use the Move with it? #2. what all will I need besides the starter pack that comes with the globe controler and the camera and the game for $99. Will I need the joystick controler too? I know the Wii you need the controler and the nunchuck to be able to play the games does this also hold true for the Move? Just wanted to know before I pick this up cause it is a little expensive vs the Wii stuff.
The update for Heavy Rain just came out. It is quite a large download. Yes you need both controllers for this one. Many other games only need the move controller. The starter pack does not include the joystick controller.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis